Summary/Oversight: You’ve likely come across the popular MS Outlook program, a widely-used email service provided and managed by technology giant Microsoft. Globally, millions and billions of users utilize MS Outlook for its email services, offering an array of features such as journals, calendars, notes, and more. However, there are various circumstances prompting users to convert PST to PDF with attachments.
The PST file format, named Personal Storage Table, is employed by MS Outlook to store email data, encompassing the entirety of the user’s mailbox data. Distinct from Outlook’s OST (Offline Storage Table) file format, PST ensures accessibility on any device through sharing and operates seamlessly online.
Reasons Users Opt to Convert PST to PDF with Attachments:
Users can find several reasons to convert their Outlook PST data to PDF, with some key motivations outlined below:
- Portability and Quick Examination: PDF files offer portability, allowing users to swiftly and easily examine them. In contrast, PST files lack the same level of convenience.
- Access from Anywhere: PDF files can be accessed from any location without relying on Outlook or any specific platform.
- Data Security: Encrypting PDF files provides users with a secure means to protect their data.
- Document Integrity: PDF files maintain a high level of security, preventing any unauthorized changes to the document.
These considerations underscore the primary motivations for converting PST to PDF with attachments. Now, let’s delve into exploring manual methods for accomplishing PST file conversion.
Step 1: Convert PST to PDF with Adobe Acrobat
The best tool for quickly converting Outlook PST to PDF is Adobe Acrobat, which lets users keep their work—including attachments—in an organized manner. Emails are converted to PDF automatically via Adobe Acrobat’s robust plugin.
- Open Outlook, then choose the Adobe PDF tab.
- Select the email that has to be converted.
- Select the messages that you want to view.
- Select “Create New PDF” from the drop-down menu by clicking on it.
- Select the directory you want to save to and click the Save button to open a new tab.
Even if this technique converts PST to PDF with attachments efficiently, keep in mind that not everyone can afford Adobe Acrobat due to its high cost.
Method 2: Convert PST to PDF with attachments using Microsoft to print a PDF
An alternative approach is to print the PST file and store it as a PDF. Take the actions listed below:
- Launch Outlook on a Windows system.
- To save an email in PDF format, click on it.
- Select the Print tab by clicking the File tab.
- Press the Print Options button.
- After selecting your settings, click the print button.
- Click the Save button to save the PDF file to the specified location on your computer.
Cons of Using the Manual Approach:
Although the manual methods mentioned above make it easier to convert PST files to PDF files, they have certain drawbacks, such as:
- Difficult for those who are not technical.
- You can only print one email at a time.
- A laborious procedure.
- Needs a significant amount of work.
- Output generated cannot be appropriate.
Method 3: Automated PST to PDF Conversion Solution
To quickly convert PST files to PDF format, use the WholeClear PST to PDF Converter. While saving Outlook emails as PDFs, this trustworthy utility guarantees no data loss. While preserving data integrity and folder organization, it enables mass transfer of Outlook PST emails, calendars, contacts, and tasks into PDF format. The free sample version supports exporting a few emails per folder in PDF format and is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook as well as Windows-based operating systems.
Final Thoughts A variety of manual and automatic ways for converting PST to PDF with attachments have been explored in this review. We’ve also looked into the reasons why people want to convert PST to PDF, giving you a thorough grasp of the procedure.