For wine enthusiasts looking forward to expanding their wine collection, one of the key aspects is choosing one based on the requirements. The decision is indeed bewildering but factoring in the right options will help you make a choice. If you are new to building a wine storage option, you might face a lot of dilemmas initially. From various types of designs to structures, and formats, there are so many things to consider when deciding whether a rack, cellar, or cabinet is a fitting option in your case.
Wine Cellar Design In Houston: Which Option To Choose?
When shopping for a wine storage option for your best bottles, you may be wondering if there is a difference between a rack, cellar, or a cabinet. However, even if you are aiming for custom wine racks, here is what you need to get:
Things To Know About Wine Racks:
Typically, a wine rack is a storage option where the layout of bottles needs to be sideways. Offering access on the front, back, and side, you can mount them on the wall or consider freestanding racks based on your preferences. The wine racking systemsmay be made from metal or wood, although the latter is more popular, primarily for those who prefer conventional looks.
However, if you live in an area where the climate is rather damp or cool, beware of using wooden raking systems as they may come off the wall. The metal wine racks, on the other hand, are more stylistic and contemporary and align with different types of home décor. They may not be suitable for areas with warm climates as it may harm the wine.
- Wine racking systems are the right choice for those who need a stylish yet affordable unit to store wine. You just have to order it from a reputed store. Wine Cellars of Houston is one of the coveted stores in Houston, Texas where you will come across a wide range of options that are high on aesthetics and are equally good from the point of view of functionality.
- Wine racks are highly accessible and come in different sizes. So, you can get racks in different sizes and easily fit them anywhere.
- They are usually designed for high-traffic areas like the kitchen and the dining room where the bottles may be exposed to heat, which is detrimental to the aging of wine.
- If you are over-anxious about wooden wine racking in Houston, be sure to place it in a temperature-controlled environment.
Things To Know About Wine Cabinets:
Wine cabinets are also meant for storing wine but it differs from racks. It is a piece of furniture that is sturdy with adequate shelves, and comprises doors, and side panels. Moreover, they have coolers installed, making them the right choice for long-term storage. They go head-to-head with other kinds of storage and may easily be classified as the cornerstone of the location. Most of them can easily accommodate up to 100 bottles.
- One of the main reasons you may choose a cabinet is when you have a large collection to store. Moreover, it is easier to handle humidity and temperature in cabinets.
- Cabinets are usually priced higher than racks, so you need to calculate your budget to decide whether you need a wooden cabinet or racks.
Things To Know About Wine Cellars:
One of the options to choose for long-term storage is a wine cellar. If you are planning to expand your collections, installing a cellar would be the right choice. For this, you need to have a dedicated place to protect your collection from humidity and sunlight before you are engaged with a wine cellar design in Houston.
A cellar usually features doors to ensure that the sealing is appropriate. So, you may have the opportunity to add a wrought iron wine cellar door if the structure is made from wood.
- Wine cellars offer the most appropriate method for the preservation of wine. Not only does it allow you to store the bottles extensively, but they are stored at the right temperature in an optimal environment.
- The only thing is that building a cellar may not be feasible in a small space. However, if you already have one, adding wine cellar shelves to the existing storage may cost you less and would not waste space.
No matter which wine storage option you choose, several basic considerations will determine your decisions. Make sure the ideal temperature for storing the bottles is appropriate, the humidity level is appropriate, and the bottles are kept horizontally. Finally, the wine storage option needs to be stored away from vibration. Try to explore as many options as you can before deciding on the storage option for your precious collections.