Male Fertility is simply being able to make a woman pregnant naturally. If that is not the case then there could be a possibility that one or both of the partners are infertile. This means that they have not been able to conceive a child even after having unprotected sexual intercourse for some time.
In both of these cases, male infertility plays a partial role. The inability to conceive a child can impose mental as well as societal pressure on the couple to a larger extent, but there are several treatments available for male infertility. Benison IVF and Healthcare Centre is the prominent and successful fertility center in Delhi, delivering some of the best results in treating both male and female fertility issues.
If you are suffering from any such issues, particularly fertility, you can get under the guidance of Benison IVF and Health Care Centre in Delhi.
Now let us know What is Male Infertility?
What do you understand by Male Infertility?
The most important step during the reproduction process is fertilization. What does this mean? This means that out of the several sperm released during sexual intercourse, at least one out of these sperm must travel and reach a female’s egg and finally fertilize it.
If the male partner is unable to impregnate due to many issues like blockages in the reproductive organs, hormonal imbalances, low sperm count, etc. then your doctor might conclude that it is the case of male infertility.
What are the various factors responsible for Male Infertility?
Although there are various reasons behind male infertility some of the reasons are mentioned below. Males those who are more prone to infertility issues are-
- All those men who are above 40 years old have issues with male infertility.
- Men who are under the constant influence of toxic substances such as alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc.
- Exposure to radiation or toxic elements such as lead, mercury, calcium, pesticides, and many others.
- Men who are overweight, or struggling with obesity and stress are more prone to infertility issues.
- Genetic fertility disorders can also be one of the factors.
All those people who are regularly exposed to certain conditions, follow a lifestyle that is not healthy or have any other health problems must consult a good fertility center in Delhi.
What are the Treatments for Male Infertility?
IVF with Donor Sperm- If the male partner is unable to produce sperm, then the IVF procedure is preceded with a donor sperm. It is the most popular method to become a parent. The sperm is retrieved from an anonymous donor from the sperm donor bank. Then the sperm collected from an anonymous donor and the egg of the female are fertilized through artificial insemination and the fertilized eggs are placed back into the uterus of the female partner.
Who can pick for IVF with donor sperm?
- If the male partner has a low sperm count.
- If the male partner has sub-optimal semen parameters.
- When the male partner is unable to produce healthy, active sperm.
- When the male partner is suffering from a genetic condition.
Surgical Sperm Retrieval- it is a surgical procedure that extracts sperm from the testicles. The surgical procedure is performed through a biopsy by way of an incision or with a fine needle in the testicles. This procedure is a good option for those men whose sperm count is below average or whose ejaculation is problematic.
What are the Prevention methods for Male Infertility?
Male infertility is not always preventable. But you can try to avoid certain causes responsible for male infertility.
- Never and do not smoke.
- Limit or eliminate alcohol from your lifestyle.
- Stay away from illicit drugs.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce stress.
- Avoid pesticide exposure.
How is the Male Infertility Assessment done?
ART also known as Assisted Reproductive Technology has introduced many effective methods for infertility problems in men. Accurate and correct diagnosis from the best fertility center provided by well-experienced and trained doctors of Benison IVF and Healthcare Centre. They help patients overcome the issue of infertility and swiftly transition into the parenthood journey.
Here are some of the many common tests for male infertility assessment and these are-
- Analysis of Semen- understanding the number of sperm in the semen, morphology, sperm mobility, sperm liquefaction time, fructose level, abnormal presence of white blood cells, and many others.
- Sperm DNA Fragmentation Index-The Sperm DNA fragmentation Index Test is done to identify the genetic material of the sperm or if the DNA has any damage or not. This test is usually suggested for male infertility patients with any abnormal semen analysis, advanced age, past failure in ART cycles, etc.
- Post-Ejaculation Urinalysis-retrograde ejaculation makes the semen flow backward to the bladder instead of allowing it to discharge through the male reproductive organ. PEU helps in determining this condition by identifying the presence of semen in the urine.
- Analyzing medical history- usually, doctors emphasize knowing whether the patient had any injuries, surgeries, or chronic health conditions to arrive at any conclusion.
- Physical examination- the doctor may check for any kind of signs of problems or damage in the genitals. This procedure is carried out with the consent of the patient.
- Hormonal Testing- The Hypothalamus and testicles release many hormones in the body. Through this test, the male patient’s hormone levels are tested which are crucial for healthy sperm production, fertility, and sexual development.
- Scrotal Ultrasound- in this test the structure of the testicles and the nearby organs are checked and then the problem is identified. The problems could be varicella, blockages, and many others.
Many male fertility problems sometimes go undiagnosed and untreated due to unawareness of the issue. There could be many possible reasons behind and these could be a misconception that infertility is a female problem, or societal pressure or stigma attached to male infertility in our societies. If you are also struggling with male infertility then do connect with Benison IVF and Health Care Centre in Delhi. Benison IVF is helping males regain male fertility in Delhi through their world-class treatment.
For more information, you can connect directly with us and Book your free consultation with our team of experts.