In our daily communications, email is the most used medium. In addition to other uses, email is utilized for personal and professional interactions. Many people choose Mozilla Thunderbird over other email applications because of its extensive features and open-source design. EML (Email Message) is one format that you may need to convert your Thunderbird emails to at some point.
For storing email messages, one popular file type is EML. Its versatility in email conversion stems from its compatibility with several email clients. Step-by-step instructions for converting Thunderbird emails with attachments to EML are provided in this extensive article.
Why Convert Thunderbird Emails to EML?
Before we begin, consider why you would wish to convert your Thunderbird emails to EML:
- EML files are compatible with a wide range of email programs, including Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, and others. Converting your Thunderbird emails to EML assures cross-client compatibility.
- Backup: Creating an EML backup of your Thunderbird emails might be a beneficial disaster recovery technique. It enables you to keep a duplicate of your emails even if your Thunderbird client is damaged.
- Converting your Thunderbird emails to this format can help you migrate to another email client that supports EML.
Now that we’ve established the significance of Thunderbird to EML conversion, let’s move on to the step-by-step guide.
Follow the some Easy Steps:
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird (if it is not already installed).
- Check that Mozilla Thunderbird is installed on your machine. If you don’t already have it, you can get it from the Mozilla website.
Step 2: Open Thunderbird and navigate to the Emails tab.
- Start up Thunderbird on your PC.
- Choose which emails you wish to convert to EML. Individual emails or entire folders can be selected.
Read this Blog: Effortless EML to Outlook Migration
Step 3: Export Emails to EML Files
- Right-click on the emails you want to delete.
- Click the context menu and select “Save As.”
- Choose the location where you wish to save the EML files.
- Select “EML” as the file type.
- To begin the conversion, click the “Save” button. Thunderbird will store the chosen emails as EML files in the location you specify.
Step 4: Check the EML Files
- Go to the location where you saved the EML files.
- Double-click an EML file to launch your preferred EML reader.
- Check that the email’s content and attachments are intact and that it displays as intended.
Bulk Conversion of Thunderbird Emails to EML Format
Individually converting a large number of Thunderbird emails to EML can be time-consuming. Consider employing FixVare MBOX to EML Converter Tool to automate the process and save you time and effort in such circumstances. There are several third-party applications available to assist you in converting MBOX emails to EML in bulk. EML files are individual email messages, and handling a large number of them can be difficult. Consider using email management software to efficiently organize and search through your EML files.
Steps to Use the Software to Convert Thunderbird Emails to EML
- Download the Software and Start Application
- Launch the tool and select the MBOX Emails.
- After the select MBOX emails preview your MBOX files.
- Choose a location to save new EML files.
- Hit on the “Convert Now” button and start converting.
The End Result
Converting Thunderbird emails to EML is a simple procedure that assures compatibility, backup, and migration options. EML files are a versatile solution if you need to move to a different email client or want a solid email backup.
Read this Blog: How to Convert Windows Live Mail EML Emails into Outlook?
While the manual technique is fine for a few emails, employing specialist email conversion software can be more effective when dealing with a large number of Thunderbird emails. If you pick bulk conversion, make sure you choose a trustworthy tool. You can quickly execute Thunderbird to EML conversion by following the methods provided in this guide, ensuring your email data stays accessible and safe in a widely accepted format.