MBOX (Mailbox) is a file format used to keep email messages on a computer. It is an appreciably supported layout for email files and is used by numerous electronic mail users. Converting MBOX files to Outlook PST layout is often crucial when clients switch e-mail clients or need to consolidate their e-mail information into Microsoft Outlook.
Reasons to Switch MBOX Files to MS Outlook
- Backup and Archiving: PST files in Outlook are well-suited for backup and archiving purposes. Converting MBOX to PST permits users to create a backup of their email facts in a format that has effect potential and can be restored at the same time as preferred.
- Exchange Server Compatibility: Microsoft Exchange Server, usually applied in agency environments, works seamlessly with Outlook and PST files. Saving MBOX emails to PST guarantees compatibility with Exchange Server for users who want to get the right of entry to their emails in a collaborative environment.
- Migration to Outlook: MBOX is a time-honored layout, and unique e-mail clients use it specially. When users transfer to Microsoft Outlook from an electronic mail purchaser that makes use of MBOX, changing to PST ensures compatibility with Outlook’s proprietary format.
Manual Method to Convert MBOX Emails to MS Outlook Editions
- You can convert MBOX to PST using email clients.
- The first step is to import mailbox data into Apple Mail.
- You should have Apple Mail operating on your computer.
- Take a look at the File >> Import mailbox menu item.
- Proceed by selecting the location of the MBOX file’s origin.
- Using the browse location drop-down option, choose the MBOX file and then continue.
- To complete the import, click the finished button.
Step Second. Eudora can be Used to Create a Mailbox.
- Make sure the file you’re importing has the MBOX extension.
- The abcMBOX.mbx filename must be changed, for example.
- The Eudora directory should be used for this. By default, the file is kept at the following location: It is located in “C: files and Settings User to Application Data Qualcomm Eudora.”
- After that, open Eudora and double-click on the ABCMBOX.mbx file before shutting down the application.
- This is when Outlook Express comes into play as the last stage.
- By selecting the Start button, you can begin using Outlook Express.
- Right-click on File >> Import >>Messages in the menu bar to go to that option right away.
- Once you’ve selected Eudora from the list of email clients, press the Next button.
- Now, locate the ‘.MBOX’ file in the directory where it is kept and press OK. Select Next>>Next >> from the drop-down option at the bottom of the page. Finish
- In the local folders, the data imported into Outlook Express can be used.
The last step is to import the mailbox from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook.
- Running into the PST file format requires that Microsoft Outlook be installed appropriately.
- Open Microsoft Outlook to export files.
- From the menu bar, choose File > Import and Export.
- Click the next button after choosing “import from another file and folder.”
- Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses from the drop-down box and push Next.
- Please choose from the drop-down menu the version of Outlook Express that you are using. Click on the next button to proceed.
- Choosing a file from the browser option and then pressing the “next” button will allow you to import and export the selected file.
- To dismiss the window, choose Finish at the end of the operation.
- The imported mailbox can be found in Outlook by the user.
Although clients can select between manual and automated methods of exporting MBOX files to PST format, let’s examine the drawbacks of manual methods that the majority of users confront before making a choice.
Export MBOX Files to Outlook with FixVare MBOX to PST Exporter Software:
If you are a non-technical person who wants to convert MBOX files to PST format without any hurdles or problems, then this tool is 100% for you. Try the FixVare MBOX to PST Converter Software on any Windows OS version, such as Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, etc.
The software can smoothly work with all MS Outlook editions, such as Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016, and Outlook 2019. Get the free demo version of this app to see the advanced capabilities of this app without paying a large amount of money.
Listed below are a few standout features:
- That’s why it’s compatible with more than a dozen email clients that can create MBOX files for you.
- There is no restriction on the number of MBOX files that can be uploaded in a single session; there is no limit on the number of files that can be uploaded.
- If you need to get rid of useless PST files, you can pick them out to password-guard them, pick a PST file type (such as ANSI or Unicode), and modify the PST report length.
- All contemporary-day versions of Windows are supported via the FixVare MBOX to PST Converter Software (OS).
- Another way to take advantage of an unfastened excursion of the product is to download the demo version of the application, which lets you transform the primary fifty things in each folder.
Converting MBOX files to Outlook PST format is essential for clients in search of ways to leverage Outlook’s competencies, ensure compatibility in company locations, and create dependable backups of their email information. Whether through manual methods or focused software, the conversion procedure allows for a safe conversion amongst fantastic email users and ensures a continuing revel in within Microsoft surroundings.