With a complete shift to mobile apps, it has never been this important for businesses to design a customer-centric app. What does it mean? Customer-centric apps mean designing and developing apps that customers really want. Businesses are investing a lot of time and money into customer experience optimization.
What Is Customer Experience Optimization?
Businesses are prioritizing customer experience more than the pricing and product itself.
Here are the results of a study by Super Office where they are 1,920 professionals about their top business priorities for the next five years.
Do you know why businesses are prioritizing customer experience more than anything else? That is because as per research by PWC, 73% of buyers say that customer experience plays an important role when it comes to making a purchase decision.
Can mobile apps help to optimize the customer experience for your business? The answer is YES!
Let’s explore how.
Optimizing Customer Experience with Mobile Apps
Optimizing and improving customer experience can be done in many ways. It may include speeding up transactions, offering personalized experiences, increasing customer engagement, and so on.
But do you know what the primary advantage of all of this is? Well, it will help you get more conversations, upsell, generate more revenue, and grow.
It is thus important for businesses to build a mobile app that delivers an extraordinary experience to users and capitalizes on it.
So, how to optimize customer experience with mobile apps? Here are some tips to follow:
Use high-performing APIs
API stands for Application Programming Interface. It is basically an intermediary software that enables interactions between several applications, in terms of sharing data or information.
APIs are very important when developing mobile apps. Using high-performing APIs helps to integrate better services and information for users.
For example, when developing an Uber Clone Script, developers integrate Google Map API as it helps with extensive navigation and data like traffic schedules, road layouts, shortest routes, etc.
In simpler words, using the best APIs can help you deliver a better customer experience.
Enhancing your app’s performance
How as a business can you improve your mobile app’s performance? Well, here are some of the things you can do:
- Define adequate periods to cache data effectively.
- Optimize all the images and graphics used in the app.
- Target your app launch time to be between 1.5 to 2 seconds.
- Remove unused frameworks and keep the code updated all the time.
- Monitor memory leaks.
- Optimizing the client-server interaction is a way that it doesn’t get unnecessary data.
Minimize user input load
In-app form functionality is one of the crucial things for mobile apps as well. Forms help to minimize the user input and enable them to quickly process the task.
This helps businesses to offer comfort to users and help improve the customer experience. However, when doing so, make sure that you ask users to save relevant information for future use.
- Offer input masks that format the text automatically allowing users to focus on entering the information and not worrying about the format.
- Auto-fills help users quickly fill up the forms.
- Provide a customized keyboard as per the query. For example, display a numeric keyboard when asking the user to enter their credit card number in a taxi app for making a payment.
Have a neat and clean mobile app design
It is best to keep the mobile app design uncluttered and neat. Simple placements of buttons, text, and graphics on a mobile app can do wonders for customer experience optimization.
Here are some tips that will help you to design a perfect mobile app.
- Minimum content by using concise language and shorter sentences.
- Follow color psychology on CTA buttons.
- Your UI design must be simple and consistent across different mobile app pages.
- Your app’s aesthetic and visuals must be constant throughout.
- Use text and visuals that keep users inclined to stick to the app.
Content must be interactive
Create content that is simple to understand and communicates your message. Avoid using jargon that could annoy users and finally compel them to uninstall your application from all devices.
Therefore, to help you avoid getting your mobile app in such a situation, here are some useful tips you might want to consider.
- Use appealing and catchy one-liners and headings.
- Don’t use complex sentences.
- Every text you put out there should be simple, clear, and concise.
- Use a persuasive tone.
- Pay attention to what fonts and colors you are using.
- Ensure consistency in content across all app pages.
In short, no matter which mobile app you plan on developing, be it an Uber Clone or a custom-tailored app, remember to optimize the customer experience.
Without that, it would be difficult to create a seamless digital experience for your users and achieve business goals.
So, if you want to grow and succeed, prioritize CX optimization.