If you are reading this, that means you are an inter-student wanting to study law. In this article, you will be provided with all the basic information you need to know about CLAT.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for students aspiring to become a lawyer one day. Passing this test will allow you access to 22 National Law Universities in India. The scores from this test are used for admissions in every law college.
The 22 NLU’s that conduct this exam are:
- The National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)4
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
- HP National Law University, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- Dr.B.R.Ambedkar National Law University, Haryana.
Points to keep in mind before applying:
One can apply for CLAT/Law Entrance Exam only after the following criteria are met:
- Senior Secondary Exam completed, in any stream.
- Candidates who fall in Unreserved/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category and other categories must mandatorily score minimum 45% marks.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates need to score at least 40% marks.
- There is no upper age limit.
Since it is a competitive exam, preparing for the CLAT entrance exam has never been easy. It requires a strong will and determination to succeed, but apart from that, one needs help from experienced people and professionals. The fresh CLAT applicants would need proper guidance, motivation, and a good mentor. Combining these with your hard work will surely put you on the path to success.
However, that’s not all. To be able to score well in your CLAT exams, you would need to get proper coaching. One can’t just go through the syllabus for the exam and take it. You will need to know what to expect when you are about to sit for your exam. Taking CLAT coaching prepares you and will help you secure a seat at one of India’s top law schools.
Taking CLAT coaching has its own benefits like strong preparation methods, discipline in the ways of preparing, there is little to no pressure while learning, you can analyze your performance and have the benefits of receiving study and test material.
Process of applying for CLAT online:
Candidates wanting to apply for CLAT need to fill out an application form, which can be done on the official CLAT site. The process is completely executed online, where you would need to fill out a form with the required information and upload it along with the fee. The fee for the application is – Rs. 4000 (General, OBC) and Rs. 3500 (ST/SC).
One of the best CLAT coaching institute in Chandigarh is the CLAT study, a unit of Divine Group Of Institutions. They provide coaching for many more competitive exams besides CLAT, both in Chandigarh and Ranchi. They not only have fully equipped classrooms for offline classes, but they give online coaching classes as well. They conduct Online as well as Offline tests to make sure the students are able to keep track of their mistakes and improvements. They have a great library for the students. Retired and experienced professionals from the field comprise the faculty at the Institution and hence, ensure delivering the best Law Entrance Exam Coaching in Chandigarh