The couple remains in unhappy marriages for years and N number of reasons. If you are one such person, you may feel like you could not be happy. This is one of the biggest reasons for divorced marriage, nonetheless, one can find happiness in a second marriage or by implementing some habits which leads to happiness and you may even be able to work on the marriage to move toward the happy path as a sweet couple.
- Look for ways to be grateful: whether it is your first or second marriage profile everyone wants to respect and praise for certain things. It is not easy to be thankful, especially in the midst of an ugly relationship.
- Take time to figure out what you are thankful for the whole day. Try writing a few things you remember and are grateful for in a day. You could also do posts on social media for the same.
- For instance, you may not like how you are being treated by your partner, but you may be thankful to have such financial stability in your life at the moment.
- Enroll in flow experiences: moments when you lose yourself towards a certain situation or are completely absorbed in whatever thing you are doing. If you are a writer, an artist, or an athlete, you may already understand this type of experience. It is the moment when the world falls away, and you are just enjoying what you are doing. Choose an activity which challenges you a bit, but that is still familiar so that you could lose yourself in it.
- Stop fighting for the same reasons: if you always find yourself arguing over the same thing, it may be time to put the topic aside. You need to decide that you would not discuss it as you could not agree or try to find a compromise which works for both of you.
- Develop your interests: if your marriage is not what you want it to be, it may be the time to find some fulfillment away from your marriage and not an external affair. Have a hobby or interest that would help you to stay independent and keep you engaged and happy with the world.
- Take some time together: having time for each other is a way to say you are committed towards each other. Say you would spend some time each week with each other, and stick to it. This will clear all the misunderstanding and help us to know each other better.
- Remember your belongings: in the initial phase of your relationship, you were probably partially attracted by the differences of the other person. By chance, maybe you were exhilarated by the fact that he or she is impulsive and loves to be spontaneous.
- Talk about difficulties and strengths: it is necessary to acknowledge what is going well in your marriage as well as what you are struggling with. You may even want to make a list of the difficulties and strengths of your marriage.