Pan card is an important document for any Indian citizen, who has to pay income tax return. It provides all the history of all financial transactions and income tax returns to the government. aadhar card linking with this pan card is very important nowadays.
You can apply for pan card on NSDL or UTI site.
Why to track Pan card status
When any person applies for the pan card on NSDL or uti site, he gets acknowledgment number or coupon number to track the pan card online and offline.
Checking the pan card status would be important when it’s not been received by the applicant. We can check the delivery status of pan card and can easily predict that when the pan card will deliver.
This is a very important feature of NSDL to check the status of the pan after applying for it on NSDL OR UTI.
In short, we can also tell that the pan card status is the facility provided by the government, through which we can track the pan card online and offline as well.
Pan card status by name and date of birth(DOB)
Have you lost or misplaced acknowledgment slip or coupon number?
If ya, no need to worry. I have another method; through which you can check your pan card status online.
you can also check your pan card status by name and date of birth by NSDL and TIN sites.
To track status by name and date of birth, follow these steps:
- Visit the TIN-NSDL Portal.
- Select “New/Change Request” in application type section which is the default.
- After then, Select the Name section to check pan card status by name and date of birth or without acknowledgment number.
- Enter your name and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Now, click on the submit button.
You can also check aadhar card status
Check status through acknowledgment number on NSDL Portal
Follow these steps:
- Visit Tin or NSDL Portal and click on check Pan status.
- Choose the application type “PAN – New/Change Request” which is by default.
- Enter your 15 Digits acknowledgment number.
- Fill the captcha.
- Click to “SUBMIT” Button.
The Pan card status will be display on your screen.
Check status with coupon Number on UTI portal
- Visit UTI portal and click on check Pan card status.
- Enter your coupon number or enrolment which is provided to you while you had applied for Pan card.
- Enter the captcha code and hit to the Submit button.
- After clicking on the submit, you can check your pan card status.
Through these methods, you can check pan card status online on nsdl and uti.
There are many offline methods like call and SMS, by which you can check pan card status as below.
Track your Pan by SMS [Offline]
This is the easiest method among these 3 methods.
You have to send just one SMS. By that SMS you can check pan status easily.
You can check the status by SMS by following steps below:
- Type this message in your messaging application: NSDLPAN [Your 15 digits acknowledgment number].
- Send those message to 57575 number.
- You will get SMS on your registered number by which you can check the status of pan card via Message.
By this method, you can also check your NSDL Pan card status by just sending a message.
How to link Pan card with Aadhar card through e-filing website (online method):
This is an online method by which you can link your aadhar card with pan card. You can link aadhar with a pan through the e-filing website by following these steps:
- Visit the income tax e-filing website. One form will open on your screen.
- Enter your pan number, aadhar number and name details in given fields. The Name should be matched with your aadhar card name.
- click on the square box below, if your aadhar card has only the year of birth.
- Enter the captcha code or OTP in the box. You can also request for the OTP if u cannot see the image clearly. OTP will send on your registered mobile number.
- Click on “Link Aadhar” button.
- After then, a pop-up message will appear on the screen to show that “aadhar-PAN linking is completed successfully”.
Congratulations..! Your aadhar card is successfully linked with PAN card.
How to Link aadhar with the pan by SMS (Offline)
- Go to your messaging app in your mobile and type a message in this format.
UIDPAN< Your 12 Digit Aadhaar number> <Your 10 Digit PAN number>
Send this message to 567678 from your registered mobile number.