A deeply nourishing hair treatment that you can fix easily at home is a hair mask that makes a huge difference in the overall appearance and feel of your hair. And it is even more important to take a little time out every now and then to whip up a recipe for your crowning glory if you want more attention to be paid to damaged, frizzy or dry hair. Hair masks are chock-a-block with plenty of nourishing and restorative ingredients.
Ahead are some homemade hair masks you can make that are quick to concoct yet deliver lasting results.
AVOCADO BANANA HAIR MASK
This hair mask is superb for repairing damaged hair and giving it an added shine, while also leaving the hair clean and strengthened. The avocado and banana help moisturize and give hair natural shine, while the egg acts as a cleaning agent and the apple cider vinegar is a wonder drug. A little vinegar will help prevent dandruff and dry scalp and also give an added shine.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add water and vinegar in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- Blend avocado, banana, egg, and olive oil until no clumps are present.
EGG AND MAYONNAISE HAIR MASK
This homemade hair mask consists of two simple ingredients, and strange as their combination might sound, they are known to be an extremely powerful combination if you are looking for a mask to nourish dry hair. The mayonnaise deeply moisturizes the hair and restores its shine, while the egg acts as a cleaning agent and seals in moisture for your hair. The yolk can cut through the grease and dirt found in the hair and makes it clean.
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- Pour 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise into a bowl
- Add 2 raw eggs and whisk until fully blended.
- It is advisable to mix the mixture by hand so that it easily adheres to your hair.
- You can add a teaspoon of vinegar or olive oil for some extra shine if you have coarse hair.
YOGURT AND HONEY HAIR MASK
If your hair is getting a dry, frizzy and brittle texture, then this will be one of your go-to hair masks. The yogurt helps moisturize and cleanse your scalp (ensure that you are using a full-fat yogurt). The honey will help lock in the moisture in your hair to keep it conditioned, which will further reduce hair breakage and split ends.
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pour 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey.
- Combine the ingredients and mix them well before applying.
STRAWBERRY HAIR MASK
This strawberry homemade hair mask is a miraculous treatment that deeply nourishes and hydrates your hair. This mask will leave your hair shinier, smoother and weightless. Packed with vitamin C, strawberries help nourish your hair and protects the cell membranes, thereby strengthening them right at the roots. They will also help you to keep your scalp really clean, moisturized and healthy. The added mayonnaise will penetrate into your hair follicles and further add some life into the dry, parched strands.
- 8 Strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Blend the strawberries well until they form a creamy paste.
- Whisk the mayonnaise in until it makes a texture that is easy to work with and apply on your hair.
BANANA OLIVE OIL HAIR MASK
This hair mask will help repair the damaged hair that results from all those chemicals, styling tools, chlorine and sun exposure that you expose your tender locks too. It will also help give dull hair its shine back and make your hair soft and moisturized. What’s more? This amazing hair mask is also known to reduce the dandruff present in the scalp. Bananas are extremely rich in potassium, antioxidants, natural oils, and important vitamins, and so it goes without saying that they make an amazing hair mask for tackling hair loss.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mash the bananas until they make a creamy paste.
- Mix the oils and honey in a bowl to a smooth consistency.
- Add the mixture to the banana paste and apply as required.
MILK AND HONEY HAIR MASK
This hair mask recipe is useful for all damaged hair types: thin, coarse, fine or normal hair – you name it. The healthy combination of milk and honey will vastly replenish your hair with the nourishment it lacked, making it healthy and strong.
It is suggested that you use whole milk for preparing this mask, but if you only have low-fat milk, then you can add in a little amount of flour to help thicken the mask for a better application. For coarser hair, you can replace the milk with cream since it is higher in fat content.
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
1. Mix the milk and honey well in a small bowl.
2. Pour this mixture onto your hands, and apply it directly to your hair.