No one ever said getting dressed in the morning had to be a chore. So, if you’re looking for something that combines both comfort and style, slip into sweatpants. They are so easy to throw on during cold, winter mornings. Men’s jogger sweatpants also come in a variety of colors and styles and are versatile enough to wear during any activity like running errands or a gym session.
Sweatpants can be dressed up or down: It’s all about taking advantage of these practical elements as you put on your sweatpants and make them work for you. For example, you could easily style men’s blue sweatshirts with black sweatpants for a casual and comfy winter look. Pair them with white trainers and your favorite sunglasses and voila, you are ready to step out in style.
After a day of lounging around the house, throw on a stylish sweatshirt for a look that can be sported on the streets as well. The best way to look stylish—yet comfortable— in sweatpants is by pairing and styling them the right way. Read on to learn the different sweatpants options and how you can style them.
The Different Types of Sweatpants for Men
Sweatpants have really evolved over the years. Once seen as something you can only wear at home, today you can find sweatpants that come in all different colors, sizes, shapes, and fabrics— there is really something for everyone. They offer a sense of comfort and style for all men.
Below you can find a quick guide about the different types of sweatpants you can get your hands on, based on our favorite picks from top brands, which you can look at depending on your mood and occasion.
Sweatpants for Friday Night at Home – Lounge Sweats
Wearing sweatpants will always be a good idea. From your classic sweatpant to its up-to-date tailored sweatpants in premium fabrics, there is a wide variety of sweatpants to choose from. For a casual look or a day out for groceries, you can get yourself a pair of sweatpants.
Choose a soft fabric and white color for that perfect night staying at home. Pair this with a navy blue men’s sweatshirt for a solid yet casual look. You can also opt for fleece jogger pants for a more classic look.
Men’s Jogger Sweatpants
As athleisure has taken over, men’s jogger sweatpants have become a closet essential. These are made with innovative fabric blend materials so they can wick perspiration while providing optimal protection during exercise. They are also comfortable and stretchable, offering you just what you need for doing projects around the house or a quiet, sweaty day at the gym.
If you’re willing to splurge a little more money, there are sweats that you can coordinate with activewear like smartwatches, shoes, and more. Depending on the type of sports you’re passionate about, you can find sweatpants that fit the look and design of your favorite team’s uniform. These sweatpants have bold patterns and graphics.
How to style sweatpants for comfort & style this season?
It’s true: sweatpants are the go-to solution for days when you something a little bit more comfortable than pants. But that doesn’t mean your outfit has to be boring. With a little imagination, you can come up with a variety of different looks that will allow you to express your personal style and personality.
Here are some examples of styles that may inspire you to take a fresh look at the humble sweatpants:
- Pairing tailored sweatpants with any short-sleeved, button-up shirt and sneakers will give you an effortless, classic look for work or school that demands simplicity but still remains bold.
- Black slim sweats can be paired with a white button-down shirt for a look that is casual but professional.
- Sweatpants with a sweater, jacket, and a pair of dress shoes will make a statement when you feel like being more formal while looking comfortable and easygoing at the same time.
- Black wool blazers, for example, make a natural pair with black sweats and a white t-shirt.
- Dressing up your sweatpants in leather accessories will create an edgy style that is perfect for a rock concert or party. Sweatpants can also be paired with leather jackets for a more fashion-forward style.
- Matching sweatpants with slip-on casual shoes and some aviator sunglasses will give you the appearance of being casual-chic, without looking too casual.