When choosing curtains in Dubai and window treatment for the kitchen, it is important to consider not only its appearance, but also functional qualities. Roman shades are best suited for this task. They look beautiful and suit any interior style, and they are also very practical to use.
The main distinguishing feature of Roman blinds from roller blinds is the way they are folded: Roman blinds elegantly roll up vertically, forming pretty folds. It is the folds that give Roman curtains and the entire interior a special cozy atmosphere.
Variety of Roman Blinds
Classic Roman shades
Simple and elegant at the same time. When unfolded, they look like a flat canvas, when folded, material creates beautifully laid horizontal folds. Such curtains look very original in the kitchen. They are also suitable for a nursery.
Cascade Roman blinds
When they are completely open (unfolded), fabric remains draped with waves. This type of Roman curtain is perfect for a bedroom and living room.
Roman blinds without frames
An elegant option that looks light and weightless, since there are no hinges in these curtains.
Best Fabrics for Roman Curtains
Due to the decorative draperies and a rich selection of fabrics, Roman blinds are used in many traditional styles.
The most popular materials have different degrees of light transmission:
- Mixed fabrics
Why to Choose Roman Shades?
- Sun protection. This window dressing perfectly prevents sunlight from entering the premises and helps to keep the room cool, just choose a denser fabric, that will not fade in the sun and will retain a beautiful appearance of curtains.
- Simple design. Roman blinds consist of only a few elements, so there is nothing to break. Good solution for kitchen windows.
- Versatility. There are many options for curtains design, so you can order an exclusive window dressing for your home — with any fabric, size and fixings.
- Ability to adjust the amount of light. The design of Roman blinds allows you to easily adjust their length, thus, and amount of light entering the room.
- Profitability — only pay for the really usable area.
Are Roman Shades Good?
The best Roman blinds can add privacy and filter or block the light while redesigning a living space. Roman blinds can be both a stylish and functional addition to a living room.
Can Roman blinds be longer than windows?
We recommend that you extend your Roman blind at least 1 “-1.5” on each side of the window to prevent light from entering. Whatever the width of your window from frame to frame add a total of 2 “-3” to it.
Are Roman blinds good for bedrooms?
With the soft, rich look of a curtain, Roman blinds add a luxurious, soothing feel to your bedroom. Modern Roman Blinds are unique in that they have no exposed cords for a clean, crisp look (which also makes them a safer option if you have young children or pets).
If you hesitate what window treatment to choose, opt for Roman blinds — they look great in any room and in any interior!