The feature of Payroll Services is a very useful feature in your favorite QuickBooks Bookkeeping Software. Payroll Services basically helps you to pay your employees without any stress, all you need to do is just modify the payroll module a bit, which is very easy to use. If you’re an old user till now you must have been well aware of the fact that the QuickBooks accounting Software is prone to errors, so you might see an error occurring here as well. The most common error that occurs while using the payroll module is QuickBooks Error PS033, and after that you’ll not be able to update the Payroll to its latest version.
Though the root cause of the error is a corrupted file in the CPS folder in most cases, there might be a possibility of some other causes which are explained in the next segment.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error PS033
- You need to check if the subscription of your Payroll Services is activated.
- There might be a possibility that there is more than one Payroll Services are activated in the Direct Deposit agreement which is not even activated yet.
- You can check if the desktop file of the QuickBooks is corrupted.
- The error is also occurring due to the QuickBooks data which has been getting corrupted.
- You can also check that you are not updated to the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- You might have used a service key which is not correct.
- You can check that the EIN or the PSID of the company file in your QuickBooks Desktop is showing incorrect.
- There might be a possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop is not compatible with either the configuration or the version of the OS that has been running on PC.
- If ‘Invalid number or EIN’ pops up while you’re working on your QuickBooks Desktop.
Like mentioned above it is imperative that you have subscribed to the Payroll Services. If in case that is inactive, the error will occur repeatedly, if there are any issues which are related to payments or subscription.
A QuickBooks Expert is highly recommended which can be found on QuickBooks Payroll Error Support to give you the best assistance regarding all the errors that you’re facing in the Payroll Services of your QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Diagnose QuickBooks Error PS033
Some of the most common mistakes which results in the QuickBooks Error PS033 are mentioned above. These are some quick solutions in order to diagnose the Payroll Error PS033:
- The first thing that you need to do is that you need to update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax table, which is required to be able to go to the other steps.
- The error must have been resolved by performing the first step, if the problem still persists then you need to go to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YYYY\Components\Payroll\CPS. After that you need to rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD.
- Now you can try and update the Payroll Tax Table like you did in the first place and your issue might have been resolved till now.
- The last thing that you can do is that you can disable your UAC so that you can fix the QuickBooks Error PS033.
These are some fixes that will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error PS033, if the error is still not fixed you might have been not doing it properly or must be missing a step in between in that case like mentioned earlier we suggest you to hire a QuickBooks Professional who will help you with the proper steps one by one and you can fix the same problem in the real time, All you need to do is to call on our toll-free line QuickBooks Payroll Error Support.
In conclusion, the QuickBooks Payroll Services are very useful if customized properly but as this whole software is prone to errors hence this Payroll Services are also the victim of it. We’ve tried and gave you some useful information on how you can get rid of one of the most common errors which is QuickBooks Error PS033, the causes that why it is occurring and what are the fixes of it. However if you’re still facing the same problem you can place a call on QuickBooks Payroll Error Support, so that our QuickBooks Representative will provide you the needed solutions.