Troubleshoot Company File And Network Issues With QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an advanced application created by Intuit to troubleshoot a variety of difficulties that can arise when working with a company file or running QuickBooks in multi-user mode. The feature, which was first released with the 2012 version of QuickBooks Desktop, has now grown to handle over half of the issues that QuickBooks Desktop faces. If you’re seeing an error notice while trying to view your QuickBooks company file, such as “list data is destroyed or corrupt,” don’t worry; QB File Doctor will help you correct these mistakes in no time.
“You may also call us at +1-844-947-4350 for immediate assistance with QuickBooks File Doctor in resolving company file and network related errors.”
What Is QuickBooks File Doctor, And How Does It Work?
QuickBooks File Doctor is a free tools integrated with QuickBooks that helps users fix typical data damage and network difficulties in QuickBooks Company Files. QBFD is primarily recognized for resolving a 6000 series of problems and warnings that occur when using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. If you’re using an older version of QuickBooks and the File Doctor function isn’t available, you can download it from a third-party website.
IMPORTANT: Intuit has recently made some changes to how troubleshooting tools are accessible and used. Previously, each QuickBooks utility, such as the QuickBooks Install Diagnostics Tool, Clean Installation Tool, Refresher Tool, and File Doctor, had to be downloaded separately from separate download URLs. Intuit has introduced QuickBooks Tool Hub, a single application that may be used to launch all other troubleshooting tools, following a major change and for user convenience. If QuickBooks File Doctor isn’t available in the current version of QuickBooks Desktop, it can now be found under the Tool hub.
The following is a list of issues that QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor can help you with:
- Aids in the repair of corrupted company files that refuse to open.
- Errors like H101, H202, H303, and H505 are commonly referred to as QuickBooks File Doctor Errors.
- Errors such as error 6000-82, error 6150, error 6000–305, error 6147, and error 6130 can be troubleshoot when opening company files.
- Aids in the correction of lists of vendors, customers, and workers that are either blank or missing.
By clicking the link, you can get QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD.exe) (Here) If you encounter any of the issues listed above, simply launch the application, and it will immediately correct all errors; if you require more assistance downloading or installing the application, please contact us at 1.844.947.4350 at any time.
Before you use the QuickBooks Repair Tool, consider the following factors:
- Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the program. If you already have a prior version installed on your machine, uninstall it first and then install the latest version from the link provided above to ensure you get all of the application’s updated features.
- If you’re using a QuickBooks Desktop application that was published after 2015, it’ll come with an integrated file doctor. Instead of using the inbuilt QuickBooks file doctor, we recommend downloading the external file doctor, which has the most up-to-date capabilities.
- The internal file doctor can be used to fix issues that prevent you from opening company files as well as all -6000 faults. If none of the file repair options work, we recommend contacting the QuickBooks Pro-Advisors Helpline at 1.844.947.4350.
- On Windows 10 operating systems, you’ll need Microsoft.Net 3.5 to install file doctor.
- Until now, file doctor has only been offered for QuickBooks on Windows operating systems; it is not compatible with Macs.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor? (QBFD)
- After the download is complete, look for the downloaded file with the name “qbfd.exe” in your computer’s downloads folder, double-click the file to install it, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- If the installation is complete, the application will start automatically; if it does not, look for the icon on your desktop and double-click it.
- Now that QB file doctor is installed and running on your desktop, you can choose your corporate file from the drop-down menu or manually choose it by clicking the browse button.
- After selecting the company file, you can choose a diagnosis option, such as “Check file damage alone” if you simply need to check damaged company files, or “Check both file damage and network connectivity” if you’re getting errors like 6000, -6150 -82, 6000 -305, 6000 -301, 6130, or 6147.
- If you have several users and are getting problems like H202, H303, or H505, choose “Check network connectivity alone” and then “Diagnose File.”
- To proceed, enter the password for your company file and then click “Next.” If you are using an older version of QuickBooks that was released before 2011, the application will prompt you to update your company file to the most recent version. This update is optional, and we recommend that you do not update your company file in the initial effort to repair it.
- QuickBooks File Doctor will now begin repairing the company file, which may take some time depending on the size of the file being repaired. In the meantime, you can relax or get a cup of coffee until the repair process is completed.
- If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on your machine, File Doctor will prompt you to select the version you want to use to open the repaired company file. Select the QuickBooks version you want to open the file in and click “Open QuickBooks.”
- After successfully restoring your company file, it will appear on the screen; however, if you see a message stating that “repair was failed,” you can contact our QuickBooks Helpline staff for assistance at 1.844.947.4350.
Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub, run File Doctor.
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Now go here to download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (126.96.36.199).
- Go to your computer’s downloads folder and double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Accept the terms and conditions and complete the installation by following the steps on your screen.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Desktop screen once the installation is complete.
- Navigate to the Company File Issues page and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor once the Tool Hub is up and running on your machine.
- In the next step, browse and choose your company file, and then click the option in the middle that says Examine your records.
- If prompted, click Continue and provide the corporate file admin password.
- Next, allow the QBFD to repair the harm to the company file and network.
What should you do after QB File Doctor has fixed the corporate file?
Now that you’ve fixed your company file, it’s a good idea to make a secure backup of it in case something similar happens again, forcing you to repeat the manual process. Every month, we recommend making backups on an external memory device such as an external hard disc or USB drive. Make sure you check for program updates on a frequent basis to avoid these types of issues. If you have any other questions or concerns about QuickBooks File Doctor, please contact us at 1.844.947.4350.