We all are aware of the fact that the crime rate these days has increased a lot as we are moving towards technology. So to avoid these crimes, we should protect our house and cars with the smart locks or the electronic locks.
Now the question may arise: who provides the service of a locksmith in Great Neck NY, so here is the answer that Frog Lock Locksmith offers the function of the smart lock.
They provide House Lock services, car lock service, and many more whichever are needed by their customers. As to stop the increased crime rate, we will need to secure our house, car, and all other expensive investment with the smart lock.
Let us see what smart lock is, how it works, and the pros and cons of the smart lock.
What is a smart lock?
A smart lock is nothing but an electromechanical lock which is outlined to perform locking and unlocking operations on a door as soon as the lock receives such directions from an authorized device using a wireless protocol and a cryptographic key to execute the authorization process.
How does a smart lock works?
Smart locks are keyless door locks that will let you open your door without a physical key. They can be managed remotely through the use of a smartphone app. Many models feature a numeric keypad at the lock for getting into a unique get entry to code.
An intelligent lock connects to your home’s WiFi network, allowing it to acquire the code or phone command to fasten or free up.
While some smart locks require you to replace your whole lock device absolutely, others suit right over your present lock device, or handiest require a few modifications.
When intelligent locks are incorporated into an entire smart domestic, they can also integrate with other gadgets like smart speakers or your security gadgets. However, they need to be connected to a smart home hub that enables all the devices to paintings together.
Pros of smart lock
- Comfort Of Entry: with the help of this smart lock, you don’t need the keys to get entry without keys, you can enter the house.
- Peace Of Mind: As with the help of smart locks, you can watch on the people who are coming in and going out of the house. Also, with the help of this smart lock, you can see whether your door is lock or unlock so that you can be double assured about it.
- Protection from Lock Bumping: As we know that traditional lock is very easy for thieves to open without having original, duplicate keys. As the smart lock does not have keyholes in it, so there is no chance of a break-in.
- Connectivity with the rest of the home: You can connect your smart lock with other smart devices that are present in the house. So that you can turn on and off the light when your door is lock or unlocked.
Cons of the Smart lock
- Dependency on phone or network: The smart lock depends on your smartphone, and just think if your phone gets stolen, then it can create a huge problem. Sometimes, it may happen that if your phone receives a discharge, you will get locked out of the home. So this is the disadvantage of it.
- Possible For Hacking: As the smart locks are also the technology-dependent thing, so there is a high possibility of getting it hacked. The unauthorized user can access your network and can unlock your smart lock.
- Cost: The cost of the smart lock is so high as it is technology-dependent. So it is expensive in cost.