1. Leaking Faucet – A leaking faucet is one common problem faced by homes despite all the advancements in technology. It is rare to find anyone who has not experienced this problem. It is not only a source of irritation but also the amount of water wasted can go to hundreds of gallons over a year. This is usually caused by a worn, stiff, torn, or dislodged washer over time. Leaking faucets can be usually fixed by anyone who has the basic tools and basic skills. The water to the leaking faucet can be switched off, the faucet removed and the faulty washer replaced. The faucet when reassembled is fit and ready to go. Another way to solve this is calling bath remodel San Diego.
2. Running Toilets – Just like dripping faucets running toilets end up wasting water of up to 200 gallons per day. This common plumbing problem usually occurs when the flapper valve controlling the flow of water passing into the toilet’s tank bowl is faulty. Other than this, the sediments or mineral build-up can also affect the flushing and filling of the toilet tank. If you have a toilet repair kit at home then the issue of the faulty valve can be repaired. Otherwise, take the help of a professional or go for kitchen and bath remodel San Diego.
3. Slow or clogged drains – Drainage problems like slow or clogged drains can lead to big plumbing disasters and sometimes even health hazards if not tackled on time. If the obstruction is only in one drain of your house, then it means that the problem is localized in that area of the house. Drains usually get clogged because of the build-up of hair, soap, or any foreign objects over time. The solution for this problem is only to routinely clean the drains. But if you notice clogging in multiple drains then you will have to deal with sewage line issues that can be a complicated problem or you have to do bath remodel San Diego. If this is the case then it is better to call a plumbing person to prevent any sewage backup and get the problem fixed safely.
4. Low water pressure – This problem can come suddenly or slowly and get worse over time. It becomes difficult to rinse things, shower, etc when this low water pressure occurs. A break in the main water pipe can reduce the pressure or if there is a pipe leaking within your house as well. Shut off all the taps and check your water meter. It will change if there is a leak. Another main cause could be the build-up of minerals and sediment in the pipes, faucets, or showerheads. To resolve this first start with checking the showerheads. Unscrew the end of the faucet tap for cleaning. Soak the aerator overnight in vinegar to loosen the build-up. If the aerator or showerhead cannot be removed put vinegar in a plastic bag and tie it around so that the problem part sits in the solution.
5. Water heater issues – This is an easy-to-spot problem. You notice it when you go to take that nice hot shower and instead get doused by cold water. Other signs of this problem are discolored water, noises coming from the water heater, dripping water, etc. Some cases can be troubleshot by yourself but many water heater problems and repairs require professional help because of their complexity and risk of danger. The causes for problems with water heaters could be leaks or mineral deposits or sediments. Mineral deposits reduce the efficiency of the heater by reducing the supply of hot water. The heating of the sediment causes strange sounds from the water heater. If the heater is running on gas check the pilot light. If it is not on then the unit will not produce hot water. See if the temperature setting has not been turned down accidentally. If mineral deposits are the issue then drain the water tank to remove the sediments. If water pooling happens then call a plumber as it is likely that the tank has a leakage and may need to be replaced.
Facing plumbing problems is not an uncommon issue but tackling them on your own can save you money but remember that sometimes this could cost you a lot more and may end up damaging your home.
Some problems require professional help. So keep a professional plumber’s number handy just in case you need it in an emergency.
Try and call a professional plumber and be ready to explain the problem to him. Don’t let a plumbing issue disrupt your life. Prepare and prevent them from happening.
walter is a marketing manager at EZ Flood Restoration USA.he loves to write about water damage restoration san diego ca Mold Remediation Services,Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel,Crawl Space Cleaning, Fire and Smoke Damage