The Italian baking style is known for its amazing variations in their native authentic dishes. bakery products of Italy always remain a centre of attraction throughout the world. If you just talk about cookies of Italian origin, there will be more than 50 variants available in the market to try. Chocolate cookies have a separate fan base because of their immersive flavour and texture. When we talk about Italian chocolate cookies, pan di stelle cannot be ignored. The mint candy chocolate healthy combination with dry fruits create a magic that you cannot forget. In the market, mulino bianco pan di stelle cookies are very popular because of this brand’s reputation. However, preparing the same cookies is not a difficult thing if you have all the ingredients and equipment we are mentioning below.
- All purpose flour 500 grams
- Cocoa powder 30 grams
- Melted chocolate 30 grams
- Magarine 90 grams
- Butter 70 grams
- Milk 40 millilitres
- Toasted hazelnuts 20 grams
- Powdered sugar 300 grams
- Egg 1
- Yeast 1 packet
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of granulated sugar
While buying cocoa powder, read its label carefully. Always use unsweetened cocoa powder in this recipe. Let’s proceed to the preparation process.
Directions to prepare
Approximate calories:- 1090
Total time for preparation:- 45 minutes
- Take a medium-sized bowl and whisk. Use it to mix powdered sugar and hazelnuts to obtain a creamy texture. Don’t exceed the quantity of sugar more than three tablespoons.
- In the rest of the powdered sugar, mix margarine and hazelnuts mixture that you have recently prepared. Use the same whisk to blend all ingredients evenly.
- Break your egg, save its white ocean and add the yolk in ingredients.
- Take a large bowl, add floor, yeast and the prepared mixture of hazelnuts, sugar and egg yolk. Mix them properly and knead the flour gently. Leave this mixture for 1 hour to rise.
- Knead again and roll out the flour on a sheet. Make a thin layer with the help of a rolling pin. Use a round shaped water glass or cookies moulds of your choice cut out cookies from the flour mix.
- Use a buttered baking sheet to place these cookies on a safe distance of around to inches. Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius and bake the cookies for the next 15 minutes.
- Take your pan di stelle biscuits out of the oven and allow them to cool down from both sides on a cooling rack.
- After 10-15 minutes, they will be ready for icing. Here comes the role of remaining egg white. Mix 30 grams of granulated sugar with egg white. Use a silicone brush to make a thin coating of icing.
- Your pan di stelle cookies are ready to serve or keep them in an airtight jar.
In this recipe, you don’t have to follow any special technique. Only a normal oven is enough to serve the purpose. While arranging ingredients, don’t increase the quantity of all purpose flour.