Journalism courses in the India have become popular in the last two decades. Students, who aspire to become media professionals, whether in print, electronic or digital media, rush to take admission in one of the best journalism courses.
The kind of course that they should take up during their graduation or post graduation should be based on the following –
1. Whether the course is updated as per today’s technology and industry standards
2. Whether they will receive enough industry exposure during the tenure of the course
3. What sort of specializations they will be able to take up
4. How much practical training they will receive from the course
5. The alumni of the institute from the mass communication or media department
6. The placements provided by the institute to the students
Keeping in mind the above 6 criteria, we are listing down 5 best journalism colleges in India.
1. Indian Institute of Mass Communication –
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication also known as IIMC is one of the most reputed mass communication colleges in India. Located at New Delhi, IIMC operates under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
2. Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication –
Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication is one of institutes under the Symbiosis University. Located in the heart of Pune, Maharashtra, Symbiosis is considered as the best in the city and is well known in the country for its impressive placements.
3. Jamia Millia Islamia University –
Jamia Millia Islamia University is well known for its alumni in the mass communication department. The Central University in New Delhi is quite popular when it comes to the mass communication department. Celebrities, authors, artists, journalists – You name it and you will get an impressive list of alumni from Jamia.
4. Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) –
Another well known and respected institute among aspiring media professionals is the FTII in Pune. An institute under the Central Government of India, it offers diploma and advance diploma degrees to individuals who want to get trained for the broadcasting or film industry.
5. iLEAD –
Ranked 4th best media school in India by KPMG, iLEAD in Kolkata is comparatively new in this list. However, the college affiliated under MAKAUT, West Bengal’s biggest University, is prestigious and is known to be conducting the one of the most industry based practical journalism courses in the city. Their course that originally is termed as a media science, is offered to students at both under graduate and post graduate levels.
If you are a media aspirant and want to build your career in the communication sector, make sure you choose your college well. While narrowing down you college preferences, choose the college that also will be able to give you proper infrastructure. A studio, a post production unit, cameras, sound technology are must for training media professionals. Hence, while selecting your college, also check for the necessary infrastructural facilities.