In the wide array of content management systems for web development, Magento is the first option every professional wants to go for. While WordPress, Shopify, and other development platforms have certain specifications, Magento gives you a wide-open space to fabricate an eCommerce magic on the web hassle-free. No matter how vast your product range is, Magento prepares your website for a broad range of audiences and higher ROI.
Magento eCommerce Web Development – A Brief Platform Overview
This flexible and user-friendly eCommerce development platform is a free open-source CMS that made its entrance into the digital arena in 2008. It is available in two different variants known as Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce. Between these two, Magento Open Source is a community-oriented free platform whereas Magento Commerce is a paid version of the same platform.
Small-scale retailers can operate through the free version without any potential issue, but enterprise businesses require to install the paid version of the Magento eCommerce web development platform. It is a crucial choice for representing extensive product collection and multiple categories with accessibility and professional support.
If you are planning big for your store, you can get in touch with an eCommerce web development company in India or overseas for high-end services and sell your products online.
Here’s how to begin with Magento eCommerce web development as a beginner in the digital technology domain:
Begin with Installing Magento for eCommerce Web Development
You can install Magento on your desktop if your server and hosting plan can fulfill the basic requirements to support major features of the platform. Development experts suggest choosing a virtual private server or a dedicated server to avoid website downtime and slow loading. Once you manually install the Magento software, you will need to take care of the following things:
- Your PHP memory limit should not be less than 756 MB.
- Before installing the software, create a MySQL database for your website to proceed further.
- If you don’t need any major features for running your online store, always choose the free version for developing the eCommerce portal.
- Aside from uploading the files on the website server through SFTP, you can also save them on the root directory.
Simple Store Setup
Once you install Magento software for eCommerce web development, the rest of the process will run smoothly on your system. The installation wizard will keep telling you what to do next for configuring your new store on Magento. A standard wizard will implicate the following aspects:
- Once your website is ready to use the installed Magento software, it will show you a check sign to convey the ready-to-use command safely.
- To create a discrete database for your website, you can use the ‘Add a database’ segment. The web configuration option is the place where you will need to add the general information related to your website including its URL.
- By clicking on create an admin account, you can generate a specific amount that you will use to manage the store. After this, your site becomes ready to install Magento with the final step.
Adding Products on the Website
Now that everything is all set, it’s time to add products to your website and develop a segmented catalog. Here’s how to proceed with adding products to your website:
- Go to Catalog and select ‘Products’. A message will appear on the page saying – There’s nothing here right now, so let’s create something!
- On this page, you can click on the product button. It will open a form where you can submit to require info and configure your products.
- Some information sections such as stocking, keeping units and price range might confuse you. Hence, you need to keep your details handy while doing so.
- Product size, dimensions, colors, availability in various regions are some details you must add with your product before saving it in the catalog.
These are some very general guidelines of Magento eCommerce web development that can help you operate an online store using Magento effortlessly.
About Me – My Name is Karan Prakash. I am currently working as a content writer in Trank Technologies. I love to write blogs about fashion, digital marketing, food, & travel.