The most common issue of today is the loss of hair. Genetic history, nutritional deficiencies, stress, hair styling products, and hard water all play a significant role in the progression of hair loss. You can visit the clinic of Hair Transplant in Jaipur for treatment. In this article, you will know about Types of Hair Transplant, procedures, Benefits, and Is hair transplant permanent?
Two types of Hair Transplant are-
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
FUE is the primary method for hair restoration. It is a type of hair transplant that involves hair follicles being taken from any part of the body and grafted to the recipient. The procedure is used for male pattern baldness. The specialist uses micro punches to extract hair follicles individually and transfer them to the desired area.
- Instead of removing a single strip of skin from the donor area, the surgeon will remove individual hair follicles.
- The surgeon places a needle or blade on the site to receive the transplant. He then carefully puts the extracted hairs in these tiny holes.
- A surgeon can perform multiple hair transplants in one session.
- Gauze, grafts, and bandages will cover the hair during the surgery.
An FUE procedure is less painful than traditional hair restoration techniques. Your scalp becomes numb. Many patients report that they can get pain relief over the counter. Patients generally do not experience discomfort for the entire day.
The result of FUE is thicker, fuller hair due to the precise harvesting technique. It means that your hair follicles are less damaged during harvesting, and you can recover faster.
Hair loss can have effects on self-confidence. Loss of hair does not impact your self-esteem, but it can trigger depression and anxiety. Hair restoration by using FUE can help you to gain confidence.
FUE is a basic procedure. The extraction sites are a mere 1mm in size, and you will not notice any scarring. The process is quick and painless.
The hair transplant procedure using FUE is an effective method to get your hair back without having to wait for weeks. In just a few days, you can get back to normal activities. There is no need for staples or stitches. The bandage can be removed within 24 hours. There are specific washing and treatment guidelines to follow as the hair grows and heals.
2. Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT is when the surgeon takes a straight line from your scalp. The surgeon then cuts the strip into sections and prepares it for implantation in the balding or thinning areas. FUT doesn’t require you to shave your donor area. However, patients will have a long scar on their scalp. It is preferred by patients who have longer hair, which can cover the spot, and don’t desire a dramatic change in their appearance.
- Firstly, the surgeon will draw a new hairline and mark the area for hair removal. They also take photos to document your medical history. Secondly, a sedative may be an option before the surgery. To numb the scalp, local anesthesia will be applied to it.
- The site at which the hair is cut down to around two millimeters.
- The surgeon will remove the skin strip with the hair follicles as a transplant. During the operation, you will remain awake.
- A technician will take out individual hair follicles and prepare them for transplantation.
- Your scalp will be closed by the surgeon using sutures.
- The hair follicle is inserted in the balding areas of your scalp, creating a natural-looking pattern.
- Your scalp is treated with the use of medication and bandages.
- The majority of people see results within 6 to 9 months. Some people may need to wait up to a year before seeing results.
It ensures that your hair will look natural after the transplant. FUT hair transplant has the most significant advantage: people can’t distinguish between genuine and transplanted hair.
Due to the small incisions, the hair transplant FUT leaves no scarring or marks in the transplanted areas.
Depending on the area, the average FUT hair transplant procedure takes between 4-8 hours. FUE hair transplants take even less time.
There is a variety of hair fall treatment methods and techniques. Hair transplants have a high rate of success.
Although FUT hair transplants in India are more affordable than other methods, they are cost-effective. The price of a FUT hair transplant will depend on the amount and type of hair transplant you require.
Yes, Hair Transplant is a Permanent Solution. Also, when the hair follicles implant into the scalp, it takes time for them to heal. It will begin to show tiny hairs once the healing process has been completed. It takes approximately 6 to 12 months. Your new hair will grow, filling in your balding and thin areas. Your new hair grows to the same length as your existing hair. The permanent hair follicles are implanted in the scalp. However, they can permanently move from one part of your scalp into the next. It is not possible to change it back to its initial position. It’s permanent and will not stop hair loss.
From this article, you have learned about the Types of Hair Transplant, Procedures, Benefits. Is the hair transplant permanent? FUT is more costly than FUE, and it is the permanent solution for hair transplants. Also, it has a high success rate.