Are you are looking to travel to India for your next holiday or business meeting. If so, you would need to apply for an Indian visa.
If you are looking to apply Indian visa, you must know all the information about the process and eligibility before applying. Read the complete article to know all about the process of the Indian visa application.
Well, the first thing that you should know is that you can apply for a visa online using the government website. Yes, they allow you to apply for an e-visa to India, but you must be eligible to apply online. Here are the eligibility rules for any foreigner to apply online for Indian e-visa.
- You must be from one of the countries on the list of 169 allowed by the Indian government for e-visa.
- You must hold a valid passport from the eligible country and have a validity of at least six months from the date of travel.
- E-visa is not available to the diplomatic passport holders.
- You are only eligible for an Indian visa if you are going there for tourism purposes, business purposes, and medical purposes.
If you follow all these guidelines, then you are eligible to apply e-visa India. You must know that there are three types of Indian e-visa:
- e-tourist visa
- e-business visa
- e-medical visa
There are two additional categories e-medical assistant visas and e-conference visas, but they come under existing categories. A max of two e-medical assistant visas can be granted against one e-medical visa.
The eligible countries are:
Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- Macau, China- SAR Hong Kong, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte D’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Christopher And Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States Of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City – Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Now, you must be wondering what the fee of the visa is and how to procure one.
Fee and application process
Well, the fee for e-visa to India varies for different types and duration. To know more about the fee structure, you must log on to the official website on the Indian government. They will have a clear picture of the fee structure of the Indian visa.
The procedure to apply for an e-tourist visa India is very simple, and anyone with a computer can do that. Here are the steps:
- First, you must open the official website of the Indian government for e-visa.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Apply here for e-visa’ link from the bottom menu.
- And then, you should enter the details of your passport and country. Enter your details, such as name, address, age, sex, phone, email, etc.
- After that, you have to upload the documents along with the application.
- One scanned copy of passport bio page
- And one central facing scanned copy of the colored photograph
- Now, you need to pay the fee for the visa online using the credit or debit cards.
- Lastly, you would need to wait for ETA to arrive in your email inbox.
You would need the ETA and present it to the immigration officer to enter the Indian borders. This way, you can apply India e-business visa online without any hitch. It comes really handy when you are in urgent need of a visa to India for the business need.