Setting up Gmail in Outlook can help you with a lot of things. It can solve the “Gmail not working” issues easily for starters. You can manage your emails easily, saving a lot of time and energy.
Read the blog till the end to know the process of adding Gmail to Outlook with relative ease.
Steps to Configure Gmail into Outlook
1. Click on the start icon and launch MS Outlook on your computer.
2. Once you have done this, locate the file tab from the top left corner of your screen and click on the same to open the filegroup.
3. In the filegroup, you will need to click on the account settings option to expand the same to select the same account settings option.
4. Once you do that, an email tab will appear on your desktop screen.
5. Next, from the same email tab, you will have to locate the new button and then click on the same to proceed further.
6. Once you click on it, the “add new email account” box will appear in front of you.
7. In the next window, you will need to tick the box that says “manual setup or additional server types”. Once you do that, click on the next button to continue.
8. In the next window, for the “choose service page” option, select the “internet email” option and hit next.
9. Now, locate yourself to the user information tab and in the same tab you will need to enter the details that are given below;
- Your name: enter the name that appears on the outgoing messages
- Email address: fill out your email address in the given field correctly
10. Once you have entered the user data for the user information tab, find the server information tab and click on the “type of account” option that is just under the user information tab and select POP or IMAP from the drop-down menu as you can only use one to configure your account.
11. Now you will need to enter the correct SMTP server information for Gmail to further continue the process of configuration.
12. In case you choose IMAP for the mail server
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
13. In case you choose POP for the mail server
- Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
14. The outgoing mail server remains the same for both IMAP and POP
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
15. Now, fill out the logon information tab for your Gmail account
- Username: fill out your username in the given field correctly.
- Email address: enter your mail address in the given field using @Gmail.com as a suffix
- Password: type your password correctly in the given field
16. Once you have done this, tick the “remember my password” option for easier logins in the future.
17. In the next window, click on the more settings option that is on the bottom right corner of your screen.
18. A “internet email settings” window will open once you move forward with this.
19. Now, for the outgoing server tab, use the following details;
- You will need to tick the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Just below the box, click on the “use the same settings as my incoming mail server” from the options that appear on the screen.
20. After you have done this, use the advanced tab and fill in the details for the IMAP or POP account type.
21. Once you are done, click on the “test account settings” to see if you have configured the email correctly or not. After this, you can click on finish to complete the process.
For more info, you may contact the onlinegeeks.net website.