There are various types of herbal available such as chamomile flower tea, herbal blood cleanser chai, rooibos tea, etc. Herbal tea has many health benefits that give you refreshing daily life. Do you ever try hibiscus tea? Yes, this tea is one of the most famous teas across the world.
Hibiscus tea is one type of herbal tea. It is known as Jamaica tea, or Jamaica drinks, or Agua de Jamaica. This tea is made with an infusion from deep magenta-colored sepals of roselle (a kind of hibiscus) flower and has a tart, cranberry-like flavor. People in different countries prepare this tea according to their taste such as
In Africa, hibiscus tea is a very ordinary tea. And their dried flowers can be found across East and West Africa. This tea has various names in Africa, such as it is known as Sobolo in Ghana and Zobo in Nigeria. These dried flowers are collected to make a tasteful blend! How long before these dried flowers are inedible? Does tea expire? People in Africa consume this tea in hot water or with chilled ice. It’s a traditional glass of tea during ceremonies in Egypt and Sudan.
In Thailand, people make hibiscus tea as a cold beverage with lots of sweetening and some cubes of ice. It is similar to fruit juices. Hibiscus tea is also drunk in Indonesia and Malaysia. This tea has been gaining popularity over the years. You might want to check out this and many more fresh wholesale teas!
In Italy, hibiscus tea is usually brewed with hot water, with the addition of sugar and lemon
juice. In other European countries, people mix different ingredients according to their taste in the cup of hibiscus tea.
Similar to these countries, in America, people also add different flavors with hibiscus tea. There are numerous kinds of hibiscus in this world.
There are multiple ways you can prepare your cup of hibiscus tea. One way to make a perfect hibiscus tea is
- First, you need fresh hibiscus flowers.
- Then remove its all green parts and remove the stamens too.
- Wash the remaining petals and put them in a bowl.
- Then heat the water and pour the boiling water on the hibiscus petals.
- Cover the container and steep these petals for 10-12 minutes.
- When petals completely release their color, then strain the tea in a different bowl.
- Squirt a lemon juice in it and mix it well.
- You can also add some honey or sugar to sweeten the taste.
- Finally, add some ice cubes and serve it chilled.
- If you don’t have fresh hibiscus flowers, then you can also make this tea with dried hibiscus flowers.
You can brew this tea in hot water in a similar way given above, and add lemon juice and honey to better the taste.
There is one more way to make a plain hibiscus tea without adding honey and lemon juice.
Brew in hot water.
First, put 1.5 teaspoons of loose-leaf Hibiscus tea or 1 teabag in 1 cup of hot water (208 F) and steep for 5 minutes, then serve.
Brew in cold water.
Put 1.5 teaspoons of loose-leaf of Hibiscus tea or 1 teabag in 1 cup of cold water and steep for 12 hours, then serve.
If you want to prepare spicy herbal tea, then you can make it with hibiscus tea.
- Put 2 spoons of dried petals in an empty teapot (but, you can add petals as per your need)
- Then pour boiling water on it.
- If you like caffeine in your tea, you can add 1 or 2 tea bags of caffeinated tea.
- Then steep it for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea with the help of a metal strainer in a cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey or sweeten syrup.
- And garnish it with cinnamon powder, mint, and a lemon wedge.
You can also add crushed dried ginger, black pepper, and cloves in your hibiscus tea to make it taste better.
It is a good beverage for summer, rainy, and winter to give you refreshments. Hibiscus tea is one of the popular herbal teas in the world. This tea is also used for medical purposes. Yes, this tea is caffeine-free tea.
This tea is popular because of its health benefits such as maintaining the blood pressure and cholesterol, improves the digestive system and boost immunity, controls blood sugar level, prevents cancer, and some studies have found that it helps in weight loss. It has vitamin C, minerals, and antioxidants that help with hypertension and anxiety. But this tea has some side effects, high dosage of tea can cause damage to your liver, and not suitable for pregnant women.
Hibiscus tea has many health benefits, and it’s a healthy beverage because it doesn’t contain caffeine and it’s easy to make a cup of hibiscus tea. Drink hibiscus tea once in your life.