Canon offers different utilities to the users to ease the use of the products. One such helpful utility provided by Canon is printer utility. It enables the user to modify the printer settings according to the user’s needs and customize the settings. In this article, we have explained what this printer utility is and how you can use it.
How to Use Print Utility
If you wish to use the utility on the system, you have to be aware of the activities you can carry out with the tool.
- You can use the Printer utility to print a test page. It helps you to check the status and health of the print head of the printer.
- Other than this, you can also modify the power settings of your printer so that it uses low power while printing.
- Also, you can determine the ink level in the cartridges using this utility.
Start With Downloading Canon IJ Printer Utility
To use the Canon printer utility, you need to first download and install it on the system. For this, go through all the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the official Canon website and then go to the downloads section.
- You will then have to start typing the model number of your printer and then choose the correct one from the list appearing on the screen.
- Now, also, choose the operating system that you are using. Ensure to select the correct version of the operating system.
- You will have to go to the drivers and download section and choose the correct drivers listed next to the model.
- If you are using PIXMA MX922 and MX722, these models have the printer utility already installed.
- For Canon Pixma TS6120 and TR7520, No drivers are available to download for your scanner. So, you will have to use AirPrint for this.
- Now, you need to save the downloaded file in a folder that you can easily access.
- Nex, you will have to double-click on the downloaded file. You will find a disk image on your desktop. You will then have to start the driver installation by following all the steps appearing on the system.
- When the tool is downloaded, you will have to start the device on the system.
Run The Utility on the System
Now that you have downloaded and installed the utility on the system, you will have to launch the tool on the system. Here are all the steps that you have to follow to start the device.
Steps for Windows Operating System
- First, make sure to turn on the canon printer correctly.
- You will then have to open the input tray and then insert the paper in the tray.
- Next, you will have to open the printer’s device setup on the system.
- Once done, you will have to select your default account. Now, hover to the frequently used settings tab and then choose the Quick Setup option.
- Now, you need to choose the printing configuration, type of media, size of the paper. Also, you can reset them to default.
- After this, based on your needs, choose the printing resolution.
- You will have to complete the process by following all the instructions appearing on the screen when done.
- You will then have to click on Ok and then save the settings.
- Now, click on the File option and then insert the document you want to print. If you wish to print any page, you will have to tap on the File option and choose the print option.
Steps for Mac Operating System
- First, you will have to turn on the printer correctly. For this, you will have to press the power button on the control panel of your printer.
- You will then have to open the Apple menu on the system, and then the menu will open on the system.
- You will now have to choose the system preference option and then choose the print and scan tab. For some Mac OS, you may see the option for fax and print or print and scanners.
- When done, you will have to look for the Canon IJ printer utility and then choose it. You will then have to click on the Open print queue tab and click on the utility tab.
- Now, you will have to look for the name of your printer. You will then have to go to the Maintenance tab and start the Canon IJ Printer utility on the system.
- In the end, you will have to pursue all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Download Printer Drivers from ij.start.cannon
Ij.start.cannon is a free driver provider for all printers and scanners. You can easily download the printer drivers on the system by visiting ij.start.cannon website and choosing the correct version of the scanner that you are using. All the drivers and utilities present on the website are free to use.
This was all the information that you need to know regarding the Canon IJ printer utility. Following all the steps will help you to download and install the utility on the system. If you have any issues while using the utility, you will have to contact the support team.