If you are also witnessing the QuickBooks error 1904 then move into this guide and learn various methods to troubleshoot it. Well, the error comes under the category of installation issues because of its appearing at the time of installing QuickBooks. There are several hidden causes and factors responsible for triggering the issue. The guide is fully dedicated to the causes, symptoms, and solutions so keep reading and trying the below methods till you resolve this issue.
QuickBooks Error 1904 : Definition
The error defines as the installation issue as it generally appears when a user tries to install QuickBooks. The main cause behind the error is the damaged Microsoft Visual C++ component. Due to this cause, the error appears with a text that states “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1904.”
Factors Responsible for QuickBooks Install Error 1904
You can proceed below to know all the different kinds of factors and causes responsible for the QuickBooks error 1904.
- Installing new OS on your devices.
- Issues within the hard drive creating problems of read-write.
- Damaged or corrupted QB installer file.
- Some components of Microsoft are lost.
- QuickBooks is not installed due to some security software.
- Not having admin rights while installing QuickBooks.
Symptoms to Identify the QuickBooks Error Code 1904
These causes make several signs into the system that help the user to identify issues.
- Slower performance of the system while working.
- Automatic updates are not available.
- Encountering messages like “Error 1904 : [file path / name / extension] failed to register.
- Missing company files
- Having some issues with the hard drive.
Solutions for QuickBooks Install Error 1904
You can easily get rid of QuickBooks error 1904 with the troubleshooting given below.
Solution 1: Modify Windows Account Setting
- From the keyboard, you need to hit the Windows Start button.
- Now, put the CMD command and when it opened, just choose Run as administrator.
- You need to enter now “net user administrator/active:yes”.
- Once done, hit the Enter button.
- Again, navigate towards the Windows start menu now.
- From there, choose the Sign out button.
- You don’t need any password for signing in purpose.
- Thereafter, you need to modify the user permissions. For that:
- Access your Windows start menu.
- Enter File Explorer now to open it.
- After that, just find out C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- In this step, you need to perform a right-click on the Common files folder.
- Hit the Properties option now.
- Make sure to move towards the Security button.
- Tap Edit.
- Go to the sections named users in the group and user names.
- Now, enable the permissions of tabs like Modify, List folder contents, Read, Write, Read & execute.
- Just select Apply and OK.
- Now, we will try to reinstall QuickBooks. For that you will need some steps that are given below:
- Head towards the Windows Start menu and remove the admin account.
- Once done, sign in with your regular user account.
- Access the Windows Start menu button.
- Enter CMD thereafter.
- Perform a right-click on the same and choose run as admin.
- In the final step, you need to enter net user admin/active:no in the command followed by hitting Enter.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Through this tool, you can easily eliminate the issue.
- First of all, we will download and install our one and only QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Navigate to the official site of Intuit to access the tool on your device.
- When the downloading procedure ends, just locate this application in the place where you can find it.
- Don’t forget to open the tool to make it function.
- Now, you need to install it. For that, go through the instructions showing on your computer screen.
- Hit double click to run this tool.
- Move towards the Installation issues tab now.
- Heading toward the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool now.
- This tool will start working and remove the causes behind the tool.
- You can easily reboot the system when the procedure gets completed.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
- The first thing that we will do is to access the Start menu.
- Now, heading towards the Control Panel.
- Once done, go to the tab named Uninstall a Program.
- Next, you need to choose Adobe Flash Player ActiveX and then click on Uninstall.
- After that, go through the instructions for uninstalling purposes.
- You can now reinstall the tool on your device.
Solution 4: Add QuickBooks to Bitdefender
Now, we will try to add QuickBooks to Bitdefender. There are provided two choices. You can select yours and do the process.
- FOr 32-bit Windows OS: Enter C:\Program files\Common files in the exclusion list.
- For 64-bit Windows OS: Enter C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit) in the exclusion list.
So, these are the four solutions that you need to carry for removing QuickBooks error 1904. We hope that the article has helped you in eradicating the error issue. If you want any such error-resolving guides then comment down below. We will always come up with updated guides and solutions to resolve all of your doubts.