However, if you are a Brother Printer user, you can be sure that you have selected one of the best printer companies on the market. However, you may even face problems and errors if you operate it continuously without interruption because it is an electronic device. As a result, the user can see the Brother printer in an error state and do not know how to resolve it.
And if you land here looking for your answer, you will be relaxed. We have you covered, and we guarantee that you will return only after you have resolved your problem. But before we dive in to find a solution, we need to know some of the reasons that can cause the same thing. And these reasons are stated below.
Possible Reasons for brother printer in error state windows 10
There are many possible reasons, and the error condition can cause Brother printer problems. These should be checked correctly before fixing this issue.
• Check the printer connection correctly
• Then restart the printer and computer
• Check the ink level of the printer
• Check for paper jam issues
There are also many other reasons to leave your Brother printer in an error state or prevent it from printing.
However, it would help if you were not disappointed because you can resolve this issue by referring to the information provided later in the procedure.
The basic troubleshooting to resolve Brother printer errors
First, check your internet connection and Wi-Fi. If the printer is not connected properly, you can reconnect it. But first, if your internet connection is slow, you need to resolve your internet problems. Then you can check if your Brother printer is connected correctly.
Ensure you can remove the plug and then plug it back in to see if the error has been resolved.
Also, avoid using cheap quality toners and inks. Not only does this cause the Brother printer to appear in an error state, but it can also damage the printer.
If the printer is low on ink, check the ink level. In that case, apply ink to the toner.
And after trying this basic troubleshooting, the problem remains the same, so don’t be disappointed. If a problem occurs, a solution is also included. All you need to do is make every effort possible. Therefore, you can take additional steps to get the proper resolution on your Brother printer in error.
A proper step-by-step way to fix Brother Printer in Error State Windows 10 quickly!
Method 1: Check the status of your Brother printer online or offline
If your Brother printer does not print or lose your connection for an extended period, you may be offline. Therefore, you need to check if the printer is active while printing. And this can be confirmed in the following way.
- From Windows 10, tap the Windows button and select Control Panel Options
- From the various options, select View Devices and Printers under the Hardware and Sound option.
- Right-click on the printer device and select the Set as Default Printer option.
- Then you need to tap the printer option in the upper left corner, uncheck Pause printing, and choose to use the offline printer option.
Then restart the printer and see if the error message disappears. If you still get the message, you can follow another solution.
Method 2: Restart the spooler service to resolve the Brother Printer error status
Print queues are an option that manages computer-to-printer printing tasks. It also contains a list of print jobs that have been run, and restarting the print queue may correct the Brother Printer Change Default settings error status.
• Type CMD in the Windows search box, right-click and select Run as administrator.
• Then tap Yes to allow the user control account.
• On the screen that appears, type net stop spooler and press Enter on your keyboard.
• Then, after confirming that the spooler service has stopped successfully, you need to type net start spooler and press Enter.
• You will see a message that the spooler service has been successfully activated again. And now you can close cmd.
• For best results, restart your computer and printer before printing the test page.
Method 3: Delete the file from the print queue and reboot.
All files and print history can cause problems, and users may face Brother MFC printer in an error condition. To resolve this, follow these steps:
• To remove a file from the printer’s print queue, you need to go to the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Spool \ Printers folder.
• Enter the above details and tap OK to open the folder from the run box.
• Then click Continue to remove all files from the print queue.
• The exact process is related to this path C. \ Windows \ System32 \ Spool \ Drivers \ W32X86 To restart the Printer Spooler service, open the Run box type services. msc.
• In the list of services, find the spooler service, right-click and find the Restart option.
• Touching an option may take a few seconds to resume the print queue.
• Then restart your computer and printer to see if the problem is resolved.