Finding a good school is a challenge that most parents face at some point in their lives. And considering the innumerable choices of schools to evaluate, that offer so many different programs, it’s usually intimidating to come to a viable conclusion.
Also, another crucial factor to think about is the Kuala Lumpur International school fees.
What are the key factors we should look for?
1) A Global Platform that has a safe and secure environment.
2) A program that will enhance your child’s intelligence to achieve excellence.
3) Teachers, whom your child can trust; who not only teach, but also mentor your child to grow into a strong and focused individual.
4) A school that your child loves to attend!
5) A school that provides high-quality education and is worth the money you have invested.
How to decide which school suits your child?
The best way to find the right school is to first decide what kind of program you would like your child to take up.
Does your child need a school that concentrates on imparting academic education, at the same time emphasizes co-curricular activities like art, music, sports, culture, and other forms of expression?
If yes, then you should do a little research on Kuala Lumpur schools that follow a holistic approach while educating a child. Schools that offer a program where there is learning in many different ways could be a great platform for your child for all-around development.
Some schools are more inclined towards academic excellence and their vision could be to help children excel in core academic subjects like Maths, Science, and languages.
Finding a school that is transparent with its teaching methods and has the right atmosphere to suit your child’s temperament could be a good beginning.
Schools in Kuala Lumpur offer many programs specially curated for international students. It is designed to create a platform, where students are trained and educated by experienced and trained teachers to help them sharpen their skills and take on responsibilities anywhere in the world.
Some of the curriculums offered for international students are:
- Montessori/Kindergarten Program for preschoolers.
- Primary programs based on International Curriculum
- Cambridge ( IGCSE ) for higher grades
- International Baccalaureate ( IB) for higher grades
International School fees
International School Fees in Kuala Lumpur, vary between each school and even among the different programs they offer. And there are other charges that you have to keep in mind, like admission fees and registration fees apart from the annual tuition fees.
Some international schools like GIIS also offer capable students Merit Programs that waive a big chunk of the tuition fees.
It is best to compare these pointers and take into consideration what the school has to offer, concerning the facilities and safety for children.
Global Indian International School (GIIS) is one of the distinguished international schools in Kuala Lumpur.
Ranked as #1 for its innovative approach towards education, GIIS was first established in 2002 in Mount Sophia, Singapore, and was the first school that catered to international students. Over the years, it has spread its wings internationally across other countries like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia and is now a global brand with a strong mission and vision to create responsible global citizens.
GIIS believes in building strong values by imparting high-class education that not only helps your child excel in academics but also creates a progressive environment that is powered by your child’s creativity.
The schools’ mission is to help your child grow into a leader and achieve success across all aspects of life and not just in academic pursuits.
Its core values also imbibe adaptability, honesty, and teamwork among others.
The Global Montessori plus program for pre-nursery, nursery, KG1, and KG2 classes are based on the original Maria Montessori method of Kindergarten combined with GIIS’s modern approach using innovative learning tools.
Their ultra-modern world-class campus acts as a platform where students get to discover their innate strengths and hone themselves as responsible citizens for a future that can be challenging and uncertain.
Its state-of-the-art campus is designed and digitized to ensure a safe and secure environment for your child.
There are many choices for international schools in Kuala Lumpur, but keep in mind the following points while shortlisting the best for your child:
1) Be informed about the choices you can make.
2) Choose a few schools that fit your criteria.
3) Visit the campus and get a gist of the facilities the school has to offer
4) Try to gauge how comfortable the faculty is to communicate about their teachings methods.
5) Check on the flexibility aspect ( You should have a choice to change your child’s program if she is not adapting well to it)
6) And start the admission process at least a year before the joining term.