Microsoft Outlook is a part of the Microsoft Office package and used worldwide as an email manager. It is not just confined to addressing emails but can also be combined with numerous third-party Windows and online applications to present them with email functionality.
Once united with QuickBooks Desktop, a user can promptly send emails from the Desktop using the application as the original email client.
Users often start encountering issues when there is a misconfiguration in Windows settings or interoperability issues observed. QuickBooks Outlook not responding can be magnified by the incorrect settings of your Email or Internet Explorer inclinations.
If you wish to avail professional resolutions for this error, please dial our toll-free number +1 (800) 314-0226 to speak to certified experts.
QB Outlook is not responding with Office 365| Probable Causes
When QuickBooks displays this error, it means any of the below-listed reasons might be evoking the error:
- Modified email settings in your Internet Explorer browser
- Inappropriate installation of Outlook onto your Windows
- Outlook continuing to run in the background when trying to email from inside QuickBooks
- Conceivable damage within QuickBooks installation
- Damage caused to the Outlook email configuration file MAPI32.dll
- Incorrect email settings in your QuickBooks
Recognizing the potential reasons behind the error is half the work accomplished. Now you are just a few answers away from determining Outlook is not responding in QuickBooks 2019 issue.
How To Resolve QuickBooks says Outlook is not responding
If you are not able to use Outlook effectively, please read these troubleshooting methods:
Solution 1: Uncheck the Run this program as Administrator selection
You will need to modify the administrator privileges in this resolution, to resolve Outlook is not responding in QuickBooks.
- Quit your QuickBooks and open up the Windows Start Menu.
- Type in QuickBooks into the on-screen Search box.
- When you locate it, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose the Open File Location option.
- Now from within the folder containing the company file, determine and right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Choose the Properties option.
- Select the Compatibility option, then choose and uncheck the Run this program as Administrator selection.
- If you cannot check mark the option (it is gray), please choose the Show Settings for All Users to review the choice again.
- Select the Apply option and hit on OK to confirm all made changes.
If you are still facing the error even after performing the troubleshooting, jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Revise Your QuickBooks Email Preferences
You will have to edit your QuickBooks email preferences to Outlook and then retry sending emails from the QuickBooks application.
- From inside the QuickBooks Edit tab, click on Preferences.
- Choose the Send Forms option.
- Now select the My Preferences tab and then prefer to send emails using this specific option.
- Hit on OK and then revert to the Edit tab.
- Click on the Preferences option.
- Now choose the Send Forms option and click on QuickBooks Email from the My Preferences tab.
- Hit on OK again.
- Edit your Outlook Preferences and then click on OK to confirm all made changes.
Now try to send an email using QuickBooks to check if QuickBooks Enterprise 2019 Outlook is not responding is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Check Your IE Email Preferences
You need to check your email preferences for Internet Explorer in this step. This step will occur after upgrading your QuickBooks and amending the email preferences in the software.
- Exit out of your QuickBooks and all open company files.
- Run the Internet Explorer on your Windows.
- Click on the Gear icon at the apex of the page and choose the Internet Options selection.
- Travel to the Programs tab and then click on the Set Default option.
- Now click on the Set your Default Program link.
- Select the Outlook (Desktop) option from the left pane and click on the Set this Program as Default option.
- Click on OK.
- Closeout of your Internet Explorer and retry sending an email using your QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks Pro 2018 outlook is not responding occurs even after setting up Outlook as default email, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 4: Repair your MAPI32.dll
You will need to amend the MAPI32.dll file to overcome this issue.
- Closeout all the programs running in your system background.
- Open up the Windows File Manager and move to the C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- Hunt for the Fixmapi.exe file and double-click on it upon finding it.
- Wait for repairs of MAPI32.dll file to finish and try sending an email from within QuickBooks once more.
Solution 5: Tune-up your Outlook and Reinstall your QuickBooks with the Clean Install Tool.
- Closeout all running applications.
- Open up the Task Manager and end all QuickBooks processes.
- Rename the QuickBooks application and program files utilizing the Clean Install tool.
- Restart your PC.
- Please rename the folder which was not renamed manually.
- Uninstall your QuickBooks and reboot the system. Please note down your License and Product Number during this step.
- Insert the installation disk or download an installation source copy straight off the internet.
- Optimally Run the installation wizard and carefully follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open up your QuickBooks and reactivate the product.
- Update your QuickBooks using the Help Menu option.
- Open up your company file and retry sending the email.
We hope the above troubleshooting instructions will be helpful in fixing the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error. If the issue is still reflecting on your system screen, you have privilege to discuss your difficulty with the QB experts. You can easily connect with them by dialing QuickBooks Error Support number.