In the current scenario when noise pollution has emerged as one of the uncurable problems across the world more and more people are reported to be suffering from its negative impacts. Some of the common health problems from which every person sitting next to you is suffering due to noise pollution are hypertension, chronic stress, hearing problem, and many more. Most of the people suffering from these health issues are mainly from the areas that are subject to noise-prone like living near the highways, or playgrounds or noisy neighbourhood.
Going through this reason nowadays people are looking for ways that help control the effects of these sounds enter inside their property. If you are also undergoing the same problem and looking for ways to restrict the impacts of sounds then below are some tips which can adopt to enjoy a peaceful atmosphere at your home, office or any other place where you do not want to be disturbed by anyone.
There are lots of ways by which you can reduce the impacts of sound to a huge extent.
- Double-paned windows: This might be surprising for you but installing the double-paned window or weather stripping or adding the insulation in your room can play a significant role in reducing the impacts of sounds if your house is located near a highway, or airport or the area where there is excessive traffic moving throughout the day. Developing insulation inside your room will not only reduce the noise pollution but also help in retaining the temperature inside the room constant, thus reducing your electricity bill.
- Switch off the television and audio system: There would be hardly any person who will not prefer to relax in a peaceful room after a hectic working schedule for the whole day. For this, it will be better to switch off your television and audio system immediately after reaching home. It is seen that when a person tries to sleep a little noise from these gadgets is enough to disturb his sleep. To enjoy a pleasant sleep and the relaxed atmosphere at home it is better to turn off these equipment’s which distract our concentration.
- Reduce the noise at the work-place: The problem of noise pollution not only generates from exterior sources like traffic, playgrounds or sounds coming from houses of your neighbours. The noise pollution also generates from the sounds of the people gathered inside places like shopping malls, banks, hospitals, schools, etc, where it is almost difficult to control the sound generated from people present inside the premises. Going through this reason you would have noticed boards like “No Sound” placed at such places. It would be interesting to know that going through this reason nowadays most of these places are equipped with tools that are designed to control the impacts of interior sounds.
- Installing the Acoustic Fencing: Understanding the worst impacts of noise pollution on human health, installing acoustic fencing has proved to be an effective way to cope with the problem. The fencing is made of hard material that does not let the sound move in the property and reflects the sound either to its source of generation or let it move across your property. In this way, the sound is not able to enter your house, office or any other place.
Some of the benefits enjoyed by the installation of acoustic fencing are mentioned below:
- Sound Reduction: This is the main objective and benefit of acoustic fencing. It reflects the sound in the opposite direction and offers relaxation from irritating sounds. One thing that however needs to be kept in concern while installing this fencing is that do not leave any space within the fences so not a single frequency of sound can come inside the property.
- Privacy and Security: It would be interesting to know that acoustic fencing is versatile fencing that not only offers you protection from unwanted sounds but also works as a layer to retain your privacy. As the height of this fencing is kept above the height of your building it is difficult for anyone trying to move into your home or office forcefully. Moving ahead you also have the facility of installing additional items like floodlights, CCTV cameras, etc, for strengthening the security of your place.
- Aesthetical Appearance: If you think that installing the acoustic fencing will spoil the exterior looks of your house or office then you are mistaken. Nowadays understanding its benefits the manufacturers are developing them in different shapes and styles that help in enhancing the aesthetics of any place to a huge extent.
Summing-Up: Although the problem of noise pollution is one of the major issues for all the countries across the world, there are different ways by which you can control its impact and enjoy a relaxed atmosphere at your home after a hectic working schedule throughout the day.