With a number of restaurants opening in every corner of cities which have brought in several international and national cuisines, people have been looking forward to the best food. Not everyone can go and dine at a restaurant, hence, the on-demand food delivery app development came into being, which not only made it easy for the customers to enjoy the food at the leisure of their home but also offered a wide variety of cuisines and dishes from across the globe.
On-Demand apps pathway connects business and potential customers. It is a facility of computer services, which allow users to obtain and use necessary emergency services when and where needed. They are designed to meet the needs of an individual and instant access to products and services anywhere and anytime. On-Demand apps save time and efforts of the customers as they prefer to pay a small amount for faster and convenient service delivery. Apps like Uber, Postamates, Zomato, Ola, Swiggy, etc have spread like wildfire over recent years.
What is an On-Demand Food Delivery App?
Food delivery app is a new initiative, from restaurant owners making their food ordering app to deliver food while sitting on your couch to services like zomato, food panda, swiggy which act as a collaboration or a linkage platform between the restaurants and clients. The global circumstances have constrained people to buy and order food online. As the world is fighting against COVID-19, this will keep boosting on-demand food delivery app development. Food delivery apps appeal to customers because these apps simplify their lives. There are no inconveniences associated with them and consumers get what they want within a few minutes. Every single order on food delivery apps is specially treated and sent carefully to clients by trained employees whose priority is customer satisfaction. The food delivery app also provides the customers with telephones and emails, which are used by the customers to raise grievances or commend the services.
Why are Food Delivery Apps in a Huge Demand?
- Value and Quality Food
- Flexibility in Changing orders
- Secure payment gateways
- Fast delivery
- No queues and rush at restaurants
- Comfortable virtual search
- More offers and discounts coupons
- Reasonable delivery charges
- Delivery schedule and order tracking feature
- Makes the ordering process easier
- Efficient customer and order management
- Free and cheap marketing
- Better customer data and retention
- Stay ahead in the competition
- Greater reach and many more!
Why a Smart App is Must for Your Business?
We are digital people, living a completely digital life! And one thing that we have learned throughout this evolution is that whatever we want or need, can be obtained with just a few clicks on our smart devices. Even the food to satiate our different cravings on different days of the week. It’s an era that has something for everyone – whether a consumer or a provider. In the changing world, consumers have come to expect the ability of a restaurant to allow them to place orders online. If you are in a restaurant business and yet to join the online ordering system, you’re already missing out on some great opportunities to grow your business. By adopting new technology, you don’t just simplify the lives of your customers, but also ensure that your business can stand tall in the competitor market. When it comes to online ordering, the choice of technology isn’t about the ability to order online, but also to reach the right people in the right places and at the right time.
Being online through an on-demand food delivery app is a successful way to go when it comes down to expanding your current customer base & boosting your chain of revenue. When you add to the table an easy-to-use feature, like a customer-friendly online ordering system forrestaurants, then you have just increased your chances of boosting sales and increasing your profit margin.
Basic Key Features Required to Run a Successful Food Delivery App
1. Live tracking is an essential and important element of a food delivery app. While a person waits for his food, he might be keen on checking on the status of the order. Therefore, this is a must-include feature of any food delivery app.
2. Payment options in the app must ensure to have multiple options for making payments. With most people going digital, the mode of payments through credit and debit cards have been the most used option. In fact, digital wallets should be linked with the on-demand food delivery app.
3. The loyal customers of the app should get a timely reward. This helps in creating retention and earning loyal customers.
4. Push notifications are a vital part of the food delivery app in the long run. The customers should get notified if anything new is being introduced at the app or any new offer has been launched.
5. Food customization is another very important option. Customers should be allowed to customize the food they are placing an order for like a quantity of less or more spices.
6. The address book should have the feature of adding several addresses for various locations including home, work, office, etc.
7. The apps must have a feature of cumulative bonus through which they can reward the customers who have been ordering food via the app for long and they can be further used in future orders.
Challenges you need to win over!
The competition among the on-demand food delivery apps is on a continuous rise, therefore sustaining in the market for a long period is very difficult. Few big challenges that a food delivery app might face are:
Price discrepancies among consumers
Unhappy and unsatisfied customers
Brands that are misunderstood in society
Unhappy restaurants and third parties
Ignorance of customer loyalty
Logistics and delivery problem
Food quality or malnutrition
For an effective and successful food delivery app, a company must ensure a fair dealing with all such hurdles and challenges coming in the way. A good setup can be used to convert these challenges into wins while one miss can lead to the user deleting the app from his mobile and never returning to it.
A Step by Step Guide to Effective On-Demand Food Delivery App
To make successful food delivery apps like UberEats and Zomato popular among consumers, you need something more than copying feature lists and monetization models. Here, we have gathered few insights on how to develop a unique food ordering app that can surpass UberEats clone or any other trending food app.
Step 1. Watch the Food Delivery Industry for Hot Trends
To be ahead of competitors, you need to be aware of the most current food delivery industry and its trends, including new delivery channels. To achieve this, we must consider the food ordering trends on Social Media, Chatbots, Smartwatch, etc.
Step 2. Choose Food Delivery Model
Here, you need to select a food delivery model that will work for your business and meet your goals. There are two main models currently presented on the food delivery market; they are Order Only Model & Order and Delivery Model.
Step 3. Research your target market and customer groups
To develop an outstanding food delivery app, you need to know your customers or your target audience. This is because once you understand who will be using your products, it is easy to build an app that ideally meets your target audiences and customer’s needs as well.
Step 4. Choose the main features of the food delivery app
When developing a mobile app like Uber for food delivery, we must consider the features like Registration, Search, Order Placing, Payment Options, Order Checkout, Notification Panel, Order Tracking, Reviews, and Ratings, Etc.
Step 5. Select the Technology Stack of Food Delivery App Development
Depending on the business model of your food delivery startup, you will need different technologies. Stack like Restaurant listing, Payment gateways, Find user location, Push notification, etc.
In a nutshell
The popularity of on-demand food delivery apps is continuously rising and there are multiple players in the market. Still, to stand out from the crowd, you should adopt current food ordering industry trends. For your future food delivery app, you can apply either an Order-Only or Order and Delivery Model. Also, you can gather insights from your target audience and add other features during the app development stage. The last thing remaining is to hire a food delivery app development team which is the most essential step towards your success.