Gmail is a very popular web-based email client. It provides so many features. But when technical issues occur in the Gmail server, there may be a chance that we can’t access our emails. In that case, we should backup Gmail emails and we have to export Gmail emails into our system. In this article, we will talk about
how to save Gmail emails to a folder and causes to export all emails from Gmail. Also, we will talk about three methods in which two are manual and one is professional. In the professional method, we will use the SysInfo Gmail Backup Tool to download all Gmail emails. Before discussing the methods, Let’s begin with knowing the reasons.
Why Should We Backup our Gmail Emails
There can be many reasons to download all Gmail emails, but we will talk about some primary reasons. Let’s know the reasons.
- Due to mischievous elements, there is the possibility of data loss.
- Gmail accounts may be hacked at any time.
- Gmail is a free service, Google can stop it at any time.
- Migrating from Gmail email to any other email client.
- Mailbox storage reached its limit.
So we have discussed some reasons why we need to backup Gmail emails. Let’s move ahead to the main methods.
Top 3 Methods to Export all Emails from Gmail
There are three methods explained. Each method contains some steps to backup Gmail account. Let’s start with the first one.
Method 1: Manual Method to Save Gmail to Hard-Drive
There are some steps in this method, with the help of which we can export Gmail emails. Now let’s move to the method and understand the steps.
- Firstly, Go to the My account page of Google.
- Now, choose the Data & privacy option on the left side.
- Next, scroll down and visit the Download or delete your data on the right side.
- Click on the Download your data
- Now, the Google products list appears on your browser, tick mark on the products, and click on the Next step button.
- Next, choose the file type and size below, and select the Create export button.
- Click on the Create new export button and the fill will start downloading
In the above-given method, there were some steps to save Gmail to hard drive. Now let’s move on to the second method.
Method 2: Archive Method for Backup Gmail Emails using MS Outlook
In this method, we will also take the help of MS Outlook. Let’s know this method
- Firstly, Sign-in into the Gmail account.
- Tap on the Gear icon and select the See all settings.
- Now, Choose the option Forwarding and POP/IMAP and
- In the IMAP access, Select Enable IMAP
- Now open the MS Outlook application and go to the File and click on the Add Account in the Account Information section.
- Enter the credential details of the Gmail account and tap the Connect button.
- When Outlook sync with the Gmail account, click Finish
- Now, you can see your Gmail emails in the Outlook application.
- Next, again go to File, and select Open & Export.
- Choose Export to a file option in the Import and Export Wizard, and click Next.
- Now, pick the Outlook Data File (.pst) option.
- Select the Gmail account and also include subfolders and click Next.
- Lastly, browse the location where you want to save your email data, and click on Finish.
Read More: What is Gmail IMAP, POP3 And SMTP Settings?
We have learned all the steps of the manual method but there are some drawbacks to these methods as well. let’s take a look at them.
Weak points of Manual Approaches
There can be a lot of restrictions on backup Gmail emails. Following are some limitations of the manual method.
- Manual methods take too much time to save Gmail to hard drive.
- There is a high chance of data loss or corruption.
- You have to download and install the MS Outlook application.
- It is not possible to export items other than emails from a mail folder.
- The manual steps can be confusing for a novice user.
- The manual method does not guarantee the completion of the email backup process.
- It has a possibility that you may have to repeat the steps
So these were the limitations of the manual method that we have come across. Now let’s move toward the professional method.
Method 3: Professional Method for Backup Gmail Account
We know that there will be many users who will not have much time to backup Gmail emails. This method will be best for those who do not have the technical knowledge and do not want to spend much time. In this method, we will take the help of a utility called Sysinfo Gmail Backup Tool. With the use of this utility, we can backup Gmail in many formats like PDF, EML, PST, MBOX, MSG, & DOC. Also, we can directly back up our Gmail emails in other email clients like Hotmail, Office 365, Yandex Mail, Yahoo, iCloud, Thunderbird, AOL, and many more. This was our third and last method. Now let’s move to the Conclusion.
At the end of the blog, let’s revise all the things in this conclusion. So we have solved the query of those users who say – Can I backup my Gmail emails. Also, we have discussed the reasons, and the best three methods, two manual and one professional. Those users who do not have a technical background, I would suggest that they can go with the professional method to backup Gmail emails because it is risk-free and takes very less time. I hope you all got your query solved from this blog.