If you have just bought the Linksys Smart Wifi routers and do not know about its login and setup process, then this guide is perfect for you.
Here you will find the easy steps to login into the Linksys Smart WiFi routers. And you will also come to know about various ways using which you can set up your Linksys routers. But you need to use the URL www.linksyssmartwifi.com or the IP address 192.168.1.1 to access the Linksys Smart WiFi login page.
Steps to login into the Linksys Smart WiFi router
As we mentioned above, you need to use the URL www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 IP address to access the Linksys router login page. Then follow these steps to login into your Linksys router:
- So, firstly, open any web browser on your computer or any other device that you are using to log in. But make sure that the device you are using to log in is connected to the router.
- Then search for Linksysmartwifi.com or IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- The above search link will take you to the login authentication page.
- Now you need to enter your default login credentials, that is, the default username and password, in the respective columns to login into your router.
- The default login credentials for Linksys routers are admin. You can use it as both username and password.
- Now hit the Enter or Login button.
- Next, a BASIC home page will appear if you have successfully logged in.
It is preferable to use the URL linksyssmartwifi.com to access the router login page. If the URL is not loading the login page, then you can try the IP address.
Linksys Router Setup
There are certain ways to set up the Linksys routers. But the most common and easiest way to set up is using the setup CD. So here we will discuss the steps to set up the Linksys router without using the CD and setup using the smart wizard.
So let’s first discuss the steps to set up the router without using the CD.
Steps to set up the Linksys Smart WiFi router without using the CD
If you don’t want to use the setup CD to set up your Linksys router, then that’s not an issue. You can download the Linksys Connect Setup software from the Linksys support site. And then, you can set up your router using this software. But before starting the setup, make sure that your computer is connected to a stable internet connection. Or it would be better if you would directly connect your router to a modem.
If you have a stable internet connection, follow these steps to do the router setup:
- So, firstly, open the https://www.linksys.com/us/support URL in your web browser.
- Then fill in your router’s model number in the search bar of the page.
- Tap on the Download/ Firmware button.
- Now select the hardware version.
- Next, specify the download location and hit the Download button.
- Now follow the given on-screen directions to complete the download process.
- Hit the I Agree button on the End User License Agreement tab.
- Also, save the setup software.
- Now again, specify the location to save the downloaded file.
- We recommend saving the downloaded file on the computer’s desktop page. This way, you could easily find the file.
- Next, select the downloaded file.
- Please read the terms and conditions of the software’s license and hit the I Agree button.
- Recheck the box.
- Now tap on the Next button.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now the setup process will generate the network name (SSID) and password for your router network.
- Hit the Next button once the process is done.
- Now the setup software will analyze your connection type. If the software finds that you are using a DSL connection, a pop-up page will appear. You need to enter your user account on this pop-up page.
- Now hit the Next button.
- Now the setup will finalize your internet connection.
- Lastly, a confirmation window will appear confirming that you are connected to the internet.
Steps to setup the Linksys router using the smart wizard
Follow these steps to setup the router with the help of the smart wizard:
- Firstly check if your router has any external antennas. If it does, connect these antennas to your router. Also, connect your router’s plug to a power source.
- Now switch on the power switch of your router and wait till the router’s LED lights turn solid.
- Then connect the router and the modem with the help of an ethernet cable.
- Now connect your WiFi-enabled device with the router’s network. If you are having any problem connecting to your network or if you are getting poor signals, bring your computer closer to the router.
- Now open the web browser on your computer and search for linksyssmartwifi.com in the search bar. In case you are having any issues connecting to the router login page using the URL, you can use the IP address 192.168.1.1 instead. Or you can also use myrouter.local link. You will find the credentials at the bottom of your router.
- Once you open the page, a check box will appear asking you to agree to the terms and conditions. Please read the given terms and conditions and agree to them by selecting the checkbox.
- Now select the next button to proceed further.
- Here you will get an option to manually setup your router. If you want to setup your router manually instead of the smart wizard setup then select the manual configuration link located at the bottom of the page.
- If you want the software to automatically download and install the necessary router updates, select the Install future router updates automatically under the router window update tab.
- Then again, select the Next button to move to the next step.
- Next, fill in your network name or username and password in the respective fields, and then select the Next button.
- Now, if you are connected via a wireless network, you may receive a message asking you to reconnect your network.
- So, connect your computer using the new wireless settings to do the setup further.
- And please enter your password carefully as the passwords are case-sensitive.
- Now you can create your own password using the Create a Router Password option. Hit the Next button once you create your password.
- Next, a message will appear saying your router is successfully setup now.
- You will also see the new WiFi settings along with the router admin password.
- Lastly, select the Next button to finish the setup process.
- Now you will land on the Create Your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account page. This page will provide you remote access to your router.
- Please note that the Linksys Smart WiFi is a free service that you get along with the Linksys Smart WiFi routers.
- Using the Linksys Smart WiFi application, you can get access to your router both locally and remotely. Remote access is given via the internet. Thus you can remotely access and keep an eye on your home network with the help of the Linksys Smart WiFi app.