The growth of technology over the past few decades has been remarkable. From inventing a tool out of stone to a robot that can think like a human, technology advanced a lot. However, some inventions never lose their charm, no matter how old they get. And one such creation is email.
In today’s digital world, businesses need to stand out from the crowd and connect with their audience more than ever before. The thriving markets of the UAE are getting more competitive day by day. To keep up with the competition, you must do everything to be seen by your customer.
Email marketing is a great way to do this because it’s one of the most cost-effective ways to reach your target audience, get them interested in your product or service, and drive sales. If you aren’t a pro at email marketing, don’t worry. Some agencies offer email marketing services in UAE that will give you the desired outcome.
However, before investing in email marketing, it is essential to understand what it is all about. With this handy guide, you can learn everything you need about email marketing and how to use it as a successful marketing tool for your business. So read on to find out everything you need about email marketing and how you can start using it today!
History of Email Marketing
The email was invented in 1971 by a computer engineer named Ray Tomlinson. He was the one to use the ‘@’ symbol in the email. The first ever mail sent was using ARPANET, which became the base of the modern internet.
And in 1978, the first-ever email was sent for a marketing campaign by Gary Thuerk, marketing manager of Digital Equipment Corp. He sent 400 emails via ARPANET to promote their new product. The campaign was successful, and the company made a profit estimated at around 13 million USD.
The invention of the internet widened the opportunities for email marketing, allowing marketers to reach out to more people at once.
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a form of marketing that uses email to promote a product or service. It can help you build customer relationships, promote a new product or service, and increase customer loyalty.
Why Is It Still Relevant?
Several reasons indicate that email marketing is not going anywhere anytime soon.
- Email is a cost-effective way to reach a large audience. You can contact a large number of people with a small investment of time and money.
- It is a personal medium. People are more likely to open and read an email than to open a web page or advertisement.
- It can help to build strong relationships with customers. By sending customers personalized emails, you can create a connection with them that can lead to increased sales.
- Emails can increase customer loyalty. Sending your customers special offers and discounts can encourage them to keep buying from you.
How to Use Email Marketing?
Here are some ways to use email marketing effectively.
- First, decide what you want to achieve with your email marketing campaign. Do you want to increase sales or just keep in touch with customers? Once you know what you want to achieve, you can create goals and target your campaign accordingly.
- Next, create a list of contacts. You can either create your list or buy one from a list broker. The former is recommended since it drives more results. Before preparing your list, be sure to get permission from each person before adding them.
- Once you have your list, it’s time to create your email marketing campaign. The first step is to create a template for your campaign. Be sure to include a header and footer, and make sure your text is easy to read.
- Next, write your email copy. Keep it short and to the point, and include a call to action.
- Finally, set up your campaign and send it out! Be sure to track the results and adjust your campaign as needed.
If you are not currently using email marketing in the UAE, you should consider doing so. It is a cost-effective and personal way to reach a large audience. Even though there are many marketing strategies and websites where you can promote your product, no matter which marketing agency you go to, they are most likely to recommend you invest in email marketing.