A great UX design has the potential to have interactions with users and build dependable products, but a lousy UX design could drag users and jeopardize your project objective. It is ever more critical to focus on UX, which will quickly translate into a fluid and meaningful experience. The design standard and its efficiency have changed over time.
Today, every mobile app developer is required to provide an application that meets industry standards and delivers a high-quality experience. The rationale behind this considerable popularity is for the app-driven industry to lay the groundwork and make people feel more connected. This emerging trend in the industry is expected to generate US$581.9 billion by year-end.
Most COMMON UX DESIGN MISTAKES TO WHICH IS MADE WHILE DEVELOPING AN APP
- Failing to test the application’s compatibility with other apps: The responsiveness of mobile apps is the critical factor influencing customers and leaving an enduring impression. You will implement all aspects of the UI/UI design. Still, if your application fails to make a consistent experience across all devices in the presence of other applications, you will not be able to have a market presence. Therefore, make sure you are just checking the compatibility of the app to be featured with other apps.
- Ignoring UX within the later stages of app development: Mobile app development consists of a series of steps that require to be executed religiously. This series of steps should be in tandem with one another throughout the app development cycle. Which further means, if you’re considering UX aspects at the start of the event, it should be done throughout the cycle. It’s a cohesive process, and overlooking UX or committing common UI/UX mistakes at the later stages might divert you from the product’s end goal.
- Not considering empathizing with the users: You might become successful in developing an aesthetically pleasing application, but confirm to attach with the users at the proper chord. Empathizing with the users helps you in delivering the merchandise exactly how your users would have dreamt.
- Emulating with the competition: Being within the race is excellent for your business, but it shouldn’t be done blindfolded. What works best for them may not add your best interest. Once you are into the competition, it’s always best to draw inspiration from your competitors, but copying their idea entirely causes you to more or less the identical. You will not be within the capacity to research your business benefits if you suspect in following them closely. You have to watch, analyze, then implement the customization of your mobile application.
- Poor app architecture: Are you confused about how this plays a task in deteriorating the user experience? Well, the app development process may be a repetitive cycle of iterations. Suppose you’ve got an unclear or inadequate app architecture. In this case, you’ll not be ready to work upon the application’s features/functionalities.
- An app with a sturdy architecture allows you to project the app’s requirements & flow better. You get the chance to hide up every single desire of your customers’ and progress accordingly.
- Not optimizing the appliance enough: How long would you wait for an application to be loaded on your mobile device? Well, you have got a concise window of your time to impress users with the UX. Hence, it might be best if you made sure that the pictures, videos, and graphics are optimized for a seamless mobile experience. Delete all unnecessary items from the application and optimize them for better operation.
- Redundant push notification messages: If you go and check your phone immediately, you’d find it filled with push notifications, to be specific, 46 push notifications daily. Most of the users find these notifications very annoying and consider them spam. Hence, to refrain your application’s push notifications from being spammed, you would like to take care of the proper balance of it. You’ll be able to not flood it with too many, nor are you able to avoid being noticed.
- Ignoring the feedback received: Once you develop a prototype or an MVP, you’re achieving the primary milestone of app development. But the following milestone is completed once you begin collecting users’ feedback and work upon it.
- Including too many pop-ups: You might have someone who would advise you to incorporate pop-ups to extend conversions! But what quantity is it worth? Rather like the push notifications, you’ve got to optimize the number of pop-ups you’ll wear in your application. It would help if you did not fill the users’ screen with pop-ups. Instead, please provide them with a zone to explore your app’s features.
- Not keeping the UX voice consistent: Little do people realize UX voice; they undervalue it. You have got to form sure that the UX voice remains uniform and straight. It should be relatable to your brand’s personality and deliver precisely what you would like to convey.
It is advisable to not jump into the bandwagon while you’re initiating the mobile app development process. It’s better to consult an expert who would guide you with the mistakes that you can avoid while designing the UX of the app. If we were to place it, then there are many UX mistakes & mobile application-design mistakes that you will probably make. However, if you study them beforehand, you’ll save yourself from the mud. We hope you have got found this text useful in developing a reliable product for the long run. If you continue to have any UX-specific queries, be happy to attach with us here.
About the author:
Moazzam is a digital enthusiast writer having 10+ experiences in digital industry. His publications are live on Hackernoon, E27.co, Yourstory and more. Currently heading digital marketing at TechIngenious a mobile app development company in Jaipur, website development, software development and digital marketing services backed with skilled app developers and marketers.