One of the mandatory things for international students is to obtain an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) before leaving their home country because it is declared by the Government of Australia.
The OSHC policy provides coverage of hospital and medical expenses with some primary benefits during the stay in Australia. The primary OSHC policy does not provide coverage for dental, optical and physiotherapy, but if any international student wants these covers, they must buy extra OSHC from the health insurance providers, where they need to pay extra for this coverage.
What are the Primary Benefits of OSHC policy?
The OSHC’s primary benefit is to cover hospital and medical expenses of international students while studying in Australia, such as:
- Doctors visit
- Some hospital treatments
- Ambulance services
Students from Belgium, Norway, and Sweden planning to study in Australia are not required to purchase OSHC policy because of the Australian Government agreements with these countries.
Read More: A Comprehensive Guide to Student Health Insurance in Australia
Who can Purchase OSHC Policy?
International students and their dependents can buy the OSHC policy. It comprises three covers, single (student visa holders), couple (the student visa holder and one partner or recognised de facto partner) and family (student visa holder, one partner or recognised de facto partner and dependent children under 18 years old).
Regardless, comparing and buying a suitable OSHC according to the profile is important. As we know, many academic institutions are assisting international students in purchasing the OSHC from them, but these institutions do not provide options for international students to compare OSHC health insurance before buying because these institutions are only associated with one health insurance provider.
However, on the contrary, we, a third-party company named Budget Policy, assist people in comparing and purchasing health insurance according to their profile and visa type at a lower price than the market.
Who Provides OSHC Policy?
We believe in providing high-quality services to our clients at the lowest possible prices by keeping the profit margin in the back seat. We are recognized health insurance policy providers in Australia. In addition, we also offer health insurance policies for all kinds of Australian visas.
Here are some of the world’s leading health insurance providers we are associated with.
Budget Policy — Outstanding Customer Service
- We are recognised for our top-notch customer service. We have a dedicated team of experienced counselors who guide people in purchasing the best health insurance policies.
- Our team assures that the clients get their policies covered within 24 hours of working (except on public holidays and weekends).
- We offer health insurance policies at exceptionally affordable prices for Australian visa holders around the world because of the high volume of students and visitors worldwide to Australia.
- We offer health insurance policies for all kinds of visas (student visas, visitor visas, work visas, tourist visas), like OSHC/OVHC for the single, couple, and family cover, at a price lower than the market.
- We also provide affordable health insurance coverage to singles and professionals in Australia. Hence, when it comes to purchasing health insurance coverage in Australia, we are undoubtedly a one-stop portal for everyone!