Christmas is coming and there are a lot of things to do around the house. You have to prepare the Tree, shopping lists, presents for your family and friends…and to top all that you have to decorate! This last process does not have to be very expensive if you make DIY decoration pieces for Christmas with your own hands.
At the same time, it has much more value than purchased ones because they will remind you about how they were made when you will decorate next year. Moreover, it seems much easier when we think that we bought something instead of spending much time carefully making it by ourselves in front of our TV sets in lazy evenings.
Let’s check three simple ideas:
How to make a Christmas doorbell?
Take a cardboard box and cut the flaps. Cut the bottom of the box so that it can stand straight. Decorate the front side with stickers, drawings, or paint. Cut a piece of cardboard in the shape of a bell and glue it on top of the box. Now you just have to tie a ribbon on one end of the bell so that you can ring it when someone comes to your door.
How to make wreaths from natural and artificial flowers?
To start this project take about six stems of evergreen shrubs. Give them a good wash so that no dirt remains on them. Now pick some leaves from other plants (they could be rosemary or lavender) and use wire cutters to cut approximately 12 inches long pieces. Now attach each piece of leaves with wire to the stems starting from the bottom end going up till halfway up then leave out both ends of one set of leaves, twist these together, and use this as the wreath’s hanger. Finally, add artificial or natural flowers to the mix by using hot glue.
DIY Welcome Mat
There are a few different ways that you can make a DIY welcome mat. One way is to use wool.
- Cut a piece of wool roving or batting that is about 18 inches wide and 36 inches long.
- Pin the ends of the wool together and then use a hot glue gun to secure them.
- Cut the wool into a rectangle that is 18 inches wide and 24 inches long.
- Roll the wool up tightly to make a cylinder or log shape.
- Use hot-glue to attach the loose end of the wool to itself and create a circle.
- Cut off any extra pieces of wool that are sticking out, if there are any.
- Take the cylinder you just made and cut it into three equal pieces (one piece should be about 9 inches wide).
- Fold the 3 layers of the cylinder in half, so that they are stacked on top of each other.
- Flip the folded cylinder over and fold two edges inward to create a triangle.
- Make the edges meet at the center of the triangle, where you will then use hot glue to secure them.
- Turn the folded triangle over so that the glued edges are on the bottom.
- Use a paintbrush or fabric marker to draw a design on your welcome mat.
- Let the paint dry completely before using your mat.
The addition of essential oils to soy wax or beeswax can help keep pesky insects away. There are a variety of essential oils that can be used to make these candles, including eucalyptus, lavender, citronella, peppermint, and others. Making insect-repelling candles is easy and fun.
For this purpose, melt the wax in a pot or microwave-safe bowl. Soy wax melts at a lower temperature than beeswax, so if you are using soy wax, you will need to heat it more carefully. Then, add 30-40 drops of essential oil to the melted wax. Some people like to add more oil for a stronger scent, but you don’t want the scent to be too overpowering. Stir well to combine the oil and wax, let it set and then light.
To prevent roach entry in your house, use the best advion cockroach gel UAE. This highly-demanding cockroach gel UAE is safe to apply both indoors and outdoors. You can also apply this cockroach gel in the nooks and corners of kitchen to prevent Christmas sweets from contamination. Get the real advion cockroach gel UAE from the Pest Control Shop to help save your food from nocturnal cockroaches.