Everybody wants a glowing and healthy skin but this happiness does not stay with us forever.
Ageing results in cell degeneration which causes fine lines and wrinkles on our face, making it look dull. This is an unavoidable natural phase of life. Thanks to the advanced technology, we now have a solution not to permanently get rid of the problem but to also reduce the symptoms that follow. The symptoms include muscle spasms, crossed eyes, excessive sweating, uncontrolled blinking and wrinkles.
This is why treatments like Botox have become so popular these days. Earlier, the therapy was limited to big celebrities to enhance their presence on-screen. Now, because of the improved safety and technological advancement, many people undergo this treatment.
The treatment is helping people across the globe regain their lost confidence they feel due to wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes on their face. Low self-esteem can be debilitating to mental health. Mental stress reflects through physical symptoms. This further affects the appearance and look of an individual. So, if you are one of those who want to take up Botox treatment, here are a few precautions and aftercare tips to keep in mind.
Let us first explain to you what Botox is in detail?
Botox, an acronym for Botulinum Toxin is an injection that softens fine lines and wrinkles formed on the surface of the face due to ageing. In scientific language, botox paralyzes the muscles which prevents them from contracting. Thus, making the skin look smooth and glowing. Though the results are not permanent, they last for an extended period. It is the most preferred form of injectable wrinkle relaxants Baton Rouge clinics advice for. However, you should consult your doctor before undergoing the procedure.
Here are some of the precautions you must follow before your botox treatment.
- Do not take the treatment if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Consult your doctor if you have any neuromuscular diseases as the side-effects of botox could be harmful to you.
- Check if you have any specific allergies or infections which could be adversely affected because of the treatment.
- Share your medical history with your doctor to know which medicines should be avoided before or after the treatment.
- Avoid the consumption of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin or any other at least two weeks before the treatment.
- Come for the treatment with a bright face, without \any makeup on.
Now, let us discuss some of the aftercare tips after you have successfully gone under treatment.
- Though you can resume your daily activities after the treatment, you would be advised to avoid intense workout or strenuous exercises at least for the immediate 24 hours.
- Avoid touching or massaging your face, especially where Botox has been injected.
- Use sunscreen as much as you can before heading for the next few weeks.
- Avoid consuming alcohol.
- Sit straight for at least 6 hours post the treatment.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you feel nausea, redness, numbness, bruising, etc.
The points mentioned above should be considered whenever you decide to undergo botox treatment. They will help you prep up and stay conscious of your well being. There also might be other things to consider, which your doctor will discuss with you depending on your medical history.
An important thing to keep in mind is that the clinic or hospital you choose should be licensed and experienced. For the best results for the treatment of injectable wrinkle relaxants, Baton Rouge is highly recommended from across the country.
We wish you a happy treatment!