Once you have started with your fitness journey, it is important to keep a check on your progress which motivates you to keep going. However, weighing scale alone is not really the best way to track your weight loss journey progress and overall improvement alone because is not always accurate.
Our weight keeps fluctuating due to the following different factors:
- More salt intake in a day
- bloating issues
- overeating during a meal
- periods in women
- more carb intake in a day
If the weighing scale shows the same results or even worse sometimes, it makes us lose motivation and stop making efforts to stay fit in the long term. It is okay to have these small weight changes frequently. You should always keep going. Never feel like quitting or giving up. After all, weight doesn’t only consist of our fat mass but also our water weight and muscle mass as well. It is fine to keep a check on the weighing scale every once or twice in a week early in the morning, empty stomach.
But do not make weighing scale an everyday, every time habit. Do not be obsessed. It is also important to keep a track on other following sources mentioned here. The sources listed here can help you track your weight loss journey progress even better, if your weighing scale is disappointing.
Here are some ways to keep a check on your fat loss:
- Old vs New Clothes: It’s time to check on how your old clothes fit. It is an effective way to track your fat loss progress. Always compare what size you used to fit in vs now. It shows your overall improvement and helps test your physique better.
- Measure Your Inches: Measuring your chest, waist, hips, thighs, arms etc. can help you show results in a good way. You can track your inches every once in every two weeks. If your size is reduced, your journey is on the right track.
- BCA (Body Composition Analysis): Body composition is the proportion of fat and non-fat mass in your body. A healthy body composition is one that includes a little lower percentage of body fat and a higher percentage of non-fat mass. It also includes muscle, bones, and organs. Your weighing scale just shows how much you weigh, but BCA divides your weight. If your muscle mass is more and fat mass is reduced with stable weight, you are definitely progressing. The goal is to fall under normal ranges in the report.
- Picture Comparison: One of the best ways to keep a check on your outcome is to click a picture once in a week and keep comparing yourself with how you used to look then vs now. Prefer clicking with a body fit T Shirt, to track better.
Such ways will always make you have a proof with yourself to see your actual results, apart from just weight. What also matters is how overall fitness makes you feel mentally, physically and socially happier as well.
– It helps you de-stress
– It helps you have better skin and hair quality
– It helps you stay stronger with more stamina
– It helps you build confidence
Take the Message:
After all, fitness is about health improvement other than just physique. Do not expect to see results very fast in your fitness journey. We all are different, some of us show results early whereas some of us do it after sometime.
The goal is to stay patient, consistent and disciplined with your health and fitness plan. You will definitely see a fruitful outcome of your efforts some day and your hard work will pay off.
Stay healthy, stay fit.