Let’s start with a few statistics:
- As of 2019, there are 3.2 billion social media users worldwide. This equates to about 42% of the current population.
- Facebook alone has 2.32 billion active monthly users.
- Pinterest enjoys interactions from 150 million users every month.
- On Instagram, the number of active stories posted, increased from 150 million daily in January 2017 to 500 million in January 2019.
- About 54% of social media browsers use social media to search for products and services.
- Approximately, 71% of satisfied consumers are likely to recommend a brand on social media to their family and friends. In the same way, 49% of consumers claim that they depend on influencer recommendations to buy a product.
Now, what do these statistics tell you? Simple answer. Your business needs social media marketing and an effective one. And that’s why you’ll love to read this guide as we will explore some of the most successful social media marketing strategies to take your business to the next level.
1. Define your marketing goals
If you are not sure about your marketing goals, jumping on the bandwagon of social media marketing will result in a bumpy ride. Therefore, you should know what outcome you are seeking by marketing your business on social media. Is it because you want to increase the sales of your product? Maybe you want to create awareness about a certain issue or movement? Or do you want to generate Leeds and increase traffic on your website? You need to recognize your top-most goals and then develop your further strategies.
Then, you need to set aims to reach those goals. These aims should be achievable and not something like gaining two million likes on Facebook in one month. Aims need efforts to accomplish and by setting achievable goals you can market your brand in a better way.
2. Understand your audience
Great engagement with the audience converts into huge profits. But great engagement requires understanding the needs and preferences of your audience. This starts with surveying the audience to know their pain points and understanding the demographics of your audience. You should be aware of the platforms where your target audience spends most of their time online and use the same social media as them. In this way, you’ll not waste your time on unrequired platforms. To further know what your audience wants, you should respond to comments on your posts and answer any queries. Once you are aware of your audience, you’ll be better positioned to market your brand.
3. Create engaging social media content
“Quality over quantity”, that’s the key. Likes and comments are only generated if the content is engaging. This means that you should focus on creating high-quality write-ups, pictures, and videos. Here are a few things you can do:
- Connect your content with relevant causes to appeal to people concerned about the issue.
- Avoid using content that might be offensive to particular people.
- Use personal stories to emotionally connect with your audience.
- Post creative infographics and videos to explain the uses and advantages of your product.
- Organize contests, quizzes, and polls on your social media to engage the audience in a creative way.
In this way, you’ll be able to compel a wider pool of customers to buy your products and services.
4. Use influencer marketing
We already established at the start that customers follow the recommendations of influencers to buy a brand. This is because people are emotionally attached to them and fully trust them. By partnering with influencers in your niche, you can sponsor the influencers and market your brand. For example, many businesses and brands collaborate with YouTubers, Vloggers, and podcasters. Your aim, while deciding who to collaborate with, should be the follower base. The ideal influencer should have enough followers to effectively market your brand. This doesn’t mean that you should only collaborate with those who have millions of followers. Micro-influencers can also help to connect with people of smaller niches.
5. Keep an eye on your competitors
You should focus your research on some key questions. These include:
- Who are your main competitors?
- How they are marketing their brand and services?
- How much successful are they with their marketing?
- Why their marketing strategies are successful or failing?
- How their brand differs from yours?
This is important because regardless of the nature and uniqueness of your business, there still will be strong competitors in your industry. Today, people make decisions based on how credible and trustworthy the brand is. And the only way to build that trust is through strong marketing. For example, today there are hundreds of assignment writing services in UK. Despite the nature of the business, they focus on creating a brand image by posting creative blogs, articles and customer reviews. This ensures that they welcome more traffic on their websites.
6. Keep track of your performance and learn from your mistakes
Each month you should analyze your social media metrics to understand the performance of your brands. For example, evaluate where and how you have generated conversions and Leads, traffic on the website, and increased your sales. In this way, you can analyze your weak points and develop strategies to counter them. The additional things you need to keep track of are your reach,clicks and hashtag performance.This will tell you how many people are viewing your posts and if your posts are actually reaching your targeted audience.
7. Come up with innovative campaigns and use the right tools
By staying up-to-date, you can incorporate the latest trends in your marketing campaigns. Many brands use “Memes” and millennial jokes to appeal to the younger audience. Also, social media platforms offer many diverse features and help like academic help online that you can use to enhance your marketing and other things. For example, you can schedule your posts to be posted at a particular time of the day. Platforms like Facebook offer paid sponsorships to promote your posts. By utilizing such tools, you will be better at managing your social media platforms.
So are you using the right strategies?
If not, then you should quickly rethink it. Social media marketing can be challenging as its dynamics changes very quickly. But with little efforts, it can become a fun process of taking your business to the next level. Happy marketing!