One of the hardest when choosing to sell online is to decide whether to set up shop on a marketplace or their own website. While each option has its own list of pros and cons, the truth is that there is no one-size-fits-all solution since what works perfectly for someone might not work for someone else.
Marketplaces like eBay, Amazon or Etsy can give online sellers their business a growth beyond their expectations. Creating a website using WordPress, on the other hand, can also be beneficial for the growth of the business since sellers have complete control over their shipping, pricing, tax policies along with product and inventory management.
According to BigCommerce’s History of Ecommerce, customers will soon expect to be able to “research, browse, shop, and purchase seamlessly between different devices and on different platforms (like a standalone web store, an Amazon presence, etc.)” — a marketplace alone is not enough.
Why Use WordPress for E-Commerce? We’re Glad You Asked.
WordPress is an all-inclusive CMS (content management system) and blogging platform that has evolved into one of the most powerful website builders with an intelligent and resourceful content management system.
Millions of sellers’ trust WordPress with their business not only because it is entirely customizable but also easy-to-use – two top traits every business owner needs to start selling on an online platform.
How to convert your WordPress website into a revenue-generating source.
You can easily convert your simple WordPress-based site into a properly functioning online store by accessing available eCommerce plugins. It makes you enable to include a shopping cart, payment gateway options, contact form, product review system, wholesale features, bulk orders acceptance, the shipping method, and many other required features for a hassle-free checkout procedure.
WordPress is already enriched with thousands of eCommerce plugins, but for this article, we are going to discuss the top 10 among all of them.
WordPress is not limited to few options to create a fully functional eStore, and WooCommerce is the leading example to build a comprehensive online store.
Using WooCommerce, you can sell physical and digital products, different services, memberships, and subscriptions. WooCommerce offers an intuitive dashboard, built-in analytics to track online store performance, sales statistics, multiple payment gateway options, including its payment gateway (WooCommerce Payments), and compatibility with WordPress themes, extensions, add-ons, and much more.
According to websitebuilder.org’s list of 69 Crazy WooCommerce Stats & Facts You Should Know in 2020:
- Over 3.8 million websites globally use WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce has 29.16% of the e-commerce market in 2020.
- WooCommerce recorded a peak of 473,564 downloads on January 22, 2020
- 93.7% of WordPress online stores choose the WooCommerce plugin.
- There are over 6,000 WooCommerce plugins in the WordPress directory.
Wholesale for WooCommerce
Wholesale for WooCommerce is the most equipped wholesale eCommerce extension for running a hybrid wholesale B2B + B2C store.
You can use Wholesale for WooCommerce extension to sign-up the wholesalers in a typical wholesale area and assists your retailer customers as well. Wholesale for WooCommerce helps WooCommerce stores to create and manage the wholesale pricing packages into various levels that are simple, easy, and variable.
The admin can control everything that you want to sell to wholesale customers using an extension that allows them to manage their online store’s wholesale pricing plans, several wholesale user roles, and many more.
Wholesale for WooCommerce’s Prominent Features:
- Create & manage multiple wholesale user roles easily.
- Capable of handling wholesale prices for single or variable products.
- Define different prices & discounts for wholesale customers as per their user role.
- Advanced registration form builder with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Tax-Exemption (exempt wholesale user roles from paying the taxes).
- Hide wholesale prices & products for non-logged-in or guest users on the shop page.
- You can Set minimum order quantity limits as per your needs.
- Allow customers to subscribe to a given role.
- Disable any payment gateway for any given wholesale user role.
Gravity Forms Square
‘Gravity Forms Square’ is a groundbreaking WordPress plugin that enables customers to pay their simple or recurring online payments via gravity forms using the Square. It gives you the power to accept credit card payments from your customers directly on your WordPress eCommerce site.
- Process simple (one-time) and recurring payments
- Order synchronization that allows you to track and manage orders
- ‘Card On File’ functionality
- Enable GooglePay, ApplePay & Square gift card
- SCA Supported
Gravity Forms Square Plugin is also Sandbox supported with the latest version of SQUARE V2 API to see test transactions in Square Dashboard.
Please Note: Customers can now use the ‘Google Pay’ digital wallet option for their square payments.
Square Easy Digital Downloads
Selling digital downloadable products has now become an effortless task, thanks to the Easy Digital Downloads plugin. You can also add the luxury and security of Square payment gateway to your eCommerce store for collecting simple (one time) and recurring payment (Membership Plan) via credit cards. Square Easy Digital downloads EDD payment plugin facilitates you with a fully functional cart system, limit downloads, file access control, and payment history features.
- To sell digital products online like plugins, add-ons, and themes.
- Get instant payment before handing over files to customers.
- Download activity can be tracked and utilized for more marketing.
- Generate revenue by selling digital art pieces.
- Sell your original music to different buyers.
- Sell eBooks, how-to guides, and e-magazines.
WooSquare Plus is an efficient and secure automation solution that allows Square users to synchronize their online stores with the Square platform. It is a ready-to-use plugin solution that can integrate WooCommerce (the leading e-commerce platform in the market, covering 30% of all websites) with Square.
Using the WooSquare Plus plugin, your orders, refunds, and inventory will synchronize from Square to WooCommerce and vice versa with ease. Along with customer and product synchronization, WooSquare Plus has everything you need to automate your business.
WooSquare Plus’s recent integration with CartFlows enables WooCommerce-based store owners the benefit of building conversion-optimized sales funnels. Below mentioned are the pages in the CartFlows where the Payment Gateways can be implemented:
- Landing page
- Checkout page
- Upsell/down sell page
- Thank you page
Another good news, Woosquare Plus is now compatible with Woocommerce Pre-Orders extension as well. Read this article to know more: https://apiexperts.io/woosquare-plus-now-compatible-with-woocommerce-pre-orders-extension/
WPEasyPay is a swift and reliable WordPress plugin designed to simplify the way your website accepts Square payments.
With WP EasyPay, you can start receiving simple, recurring, donation, subscription, and recurring donation payments instantly. Start accepting online credit card payments quickly while skipping the complicated procedures of setting up a shopping cart system.
WPEasyPay (Premium) comes with a whole lot more – collect fixed or custom amounts from your customers, and even set up a multi-step form layout to display information in a well-organized manner.
WP EasyPay has recently launched version 4.0 with these 9 new premium features:
- Add “Upload” Fields Using Drag-&-Drop Functionality
- Date and Time Field With Integrated Calendar Feature
- Tabular Products Feature
- Item Quantity-to-Price Adjustment
- Sandbox OAuth Support
- Transaction ID Tag Added in Email Notifications Feature
- Export Transaction Reports
- Add Shortcode Using Gutenberg Block
- Submit an Idea Tab (Productstash)
Read the official blog to know more: https://wpeasypay.com/blog/wp-easypay-is-launching-version-4-0/
Bulk Order For WooCommerce
Bulk Order Form for WooCommerce helps you build a simple, flexible, and responsive product table that includes search fields, sorting, pagination, filters, and more. You can add product tables anywhere on your website with the help of shortcodes and list hundreds of products for your customers.
It is a fast and flexible way to create customizable product tables for your WooCommerce store where you can display your products in a variety of ways – list view, order forms, product catalog, and more.
Boost the sales and user engagement of your eCommerce website with Bulk Order Form for WooCommerce extension.
- It’s compatible with the latest version of Wholesale for WooCommerce.
- Create an order form for your WooCommerce website.
- Switch to WooCommerce product catalog mode with ease.
- Only wholesale users can see wholesale prices when they are logged in.
- You can create online product tables with ease.
- It helps you to sell in bulk quantities to generate a better profit margin.
‘MemberPress’ is a simple-to-use, WordPress-based Membership Plugin. It helps you to start charging your users for accessing your content instantly. It is an eCommerce plugin that allows you to create, manage, and track membership subscriptions and sell digital downloadable products. In addition to these features, MemberPress will enable you to manage your members via granting & revoking their access to posts, pages, videos, categories, tags, feeds, communities, digital files, and more based on what memberships they belong to.
Plugin’s Prominent Features:
- Ridiculously Easy Setup
- Powerful Access Rules
- Quickly Build & Sell Courses
- Coupons That Don’t Suck
- Premium Community Forums
- Works With Any Theme
- Content dripping Included
- Simple Payment Gateway Integration
- Full Blown Subscription Management
- Ultra Stable & Secure
Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
‘Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart‘ is the all-in-one solution to add an online store to your WordPress-based site. Robust, easy-to-use & Gutenberg-friendly too. Over one million sellers in 175 countries, 45 languages supported. PayPal, Stripe, and 40 more payment options. Real-time shipping integrations. Selling on Instagram and Facebook.
Plugin’s Prominent Features:
- Free plan available
- Set up shop anywhere
- Sell on any device
- Track Inventory
- Add stores to social networks
- Sell Digital Goods
- Accept Payments
- Define Shipping Options
- Sell on Multiple Sites
- Customizable Design Schemes
- Level 1 PCI compliant
Cart66 Cloud is the all-in-one WordPress shopping cart designed for everyone, not just developers. If you have around HUNDRED products or fewer, Cart66 is an ideal solution because you can completely control the design and layout of your eCommerce store. Cart66 works with virtually all WordPress themes.
For your information: WP EasyCart has already acquired Cart66 and will continue to fulfill its mission of delivering high-quality eCommerce solutions at reasonable prices. WP EasyCart has been in the eCommerce industry for over 10+ years and is continuing to scale-up its Shopping Cart platform.
Plugin’s Prominent Features:
- Sell Physical products
- Sell Digital Downloadable Products
- Memberships / Subscriptions
- Recurring payments
- Shipping & Package Tracking
- Track inventory
- Min/Max cart quantities
- Business-class SMTP mail server built-in
- 100+ built-in payment gateways
Conventional businesses are facing a paradigm shift in the way they were operated in the pre-digital era. Now the eCommerce industry and fintech are spreading like wildfire. Shoppers prefer their convenience and love to buy with a few clicks. While knowing all these modern behaviors, WordPress is offering the best eCommerce solutions for its users.
Anas Dilshad is a Digital Marketing Expert in wpexperts.io. I like to spend my time reading books, and it develops my knowledge on various topics. It also helps me in connecting with the digital world. I love to create content on WordPress and WooCommerce to convert my experience into blogging.