How to ease database migration with Azure cloud services? This might be quite a common question most of them are looking for. Post-pandemic brought a compulsion to shift the On-premises data to cloud as it accompanies enormous benefits. Though there are many cloud services available to migrate to your database, Azure cloud services occupy a unique standard when it comes to data security and backup.
Azure cloud-managed services are the fastest growing platform that encompasses over 200 products to witness efficient and organized seamless migration services. Many businesses or organizations often fall into confusion about whether to migrate their database to cloud or not.
Keeping things simple and out of complications, this article will provide you with the benefits of migrating your database to Azure managed services and what can it do to your business to transform in the best way possible.
Overview of Azure Database Migration Services
- Azure database migration services simplify, automate, and guide your migration to Azure with no complications. Seamless migration of your data, schema, and others can be much more cost-effective when it comes to Azure cloud migration services.
- Azure cloud migration services can help you assess on-premises applications and data with optimized features that add value to your business or organization. The migration process brings you tremendous outcomes with near-zero downtime.
- The process becomes very feasible to understand and makes your job even much easier, quicker, and more accurate. It also supports Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB migration to Azure from on-premises and other clouds.
6 Key Benefits of Migrating Database to Azure Cloud Services
- Cost-Optimized Solutions
- Adequate Security
- Dynamic scalability
- Best Disaster Recovery
- Remote working capability
- Decreases excess workload
- The maintenance and cost of a Windows server can easily wind off your budget plan and pull in adequate burden very easily. Azure cloud migration provides you many options to stay under your budget without spending on unused services.
- With Azure cloud services, you will pay for the resources you use or the infrastructure you choose to expand. They have an option pay-as-you-go model.
- You can save a huge from not wanting to maintain or moreover refresh your server components. This is one of the reasons why organizations are choosing to migrate to Azure cloud services as they need not carry the upfront expenditure for unused resources.
- From recent research, it was found that organizations can save up to 82% on their service costs by migrating to Azure cloud services. It’s more affordable compared to other cloud services.
- Local servers or a few cloud services may not provide you with enough security. Especially, when it comes to local servers, it can be challenging to safeguard your data and applications from Cyber threats.
- Taking this as a baseline, Azure cloud services aim to unify security management and offer extraordinary threat protection via Azure Security Center.
- The suite usually allows businesses to protect their cloud network with Azure Defender help and assess the security state with Azure Secure Store.
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) automation is also built to secure your data assets to identify security threats by Azure cloud services.
- As you all know, the cloud is unlimited by your physical hardware, you can scale your infrastructure and meet your current requirements very easily.
- Azure cloud services scale your infrastructure dynamically committing your business requirements. This scalability can reduce your operational costs.
- Azure cloud service providers offer Auto scale to adjust your applications with self-defined metric and anticipate load with varying schedules.
Best Disaster Recovery
- Azure Disaster Recovery brings redundancy to your business. Having a local server, you can experience anytime data loss in case of a disaster. But when it comes to Azure cloud services, your data is in the safest hands.
- With Azure Disaster Recovery, when your data is handled by Azure cloud, it will be location-independent, and during a disaster, your data will not be affected and remains intact.
- Azure cloud service providers provide end-to-end disaster recovery solutions that keep your data safe and secure all the time. The disaster recovery time is 66% less than the on-premises servers.
Remote working capability
- Azure cloud solutions will ensure your processes are remote-friendly too. Azure’s VPN Gateway facilities provide secure connections to access business resources remotely.
- Employees can be provided with the flexibility to work remotely. Starters will not require new systems as VPN Gateway allows them to access remotely. Azure Active Directory provides secure SSO for your remote workforce.
Decreases excess workload
- Azure cloud migration moreover decreases the excess workload and relieves them from unprecedented strain. They offer tools to scale and manage your network reliably with access to personalized support more efficiently.
- Azure cloud migration will be the best plan for organizations that carry heavy workloads, as the Azure Premium Plan offers initial response times of up to an hour and escalation to advanced teams for complicated issues.
Migrating to Azure suits your business requirements in all ways. Setting up your business goals must be the top most priority before Azure cloud migration to analyze whether the migration is required at the moment. Consult Azure Advisor for more detailed insights and choose the best.