The Student visa 500 allows an individual to study, work and live in Australia for up to five years in line with your enrolment. With this visa, you are allowed to work up to 40 hours every fortnight once your course starts and can work for unlimited hours while in study breaks.
If you want to secure a student visa 500 for studying in Perth, you can contact the leading migration services in Perth and get started with your visa application process.
Now let’s know the things that need to be considered when applying for a student visa 500.
● Your age must be six years or more.
● Furnish a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) at a full-time educational course registered on CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students).
● Provide evidence of your proficiency in English.
● Must have sufficient welfare arrangements during your stay in Australia if your age is below 18.
● You and your family members must have coverage under Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from any approved Australian health insurance company for the duration of your stay in Australia.
● Show that you have sufficient funds for your stay.
● Meet Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE), character and health requirements.
Process Of Applying For Student Visa 500
● If you are outside Australia, you should apply for the visa at least six weeks before your course starts.
● If you are in Australia, apply for your visa before your current visa expires, keeping sufficient time in your hand in case of any complications.
● Go through the Document Checklist Tool and gather the required documents. Note that the Document Checklist Tool is updated twice a year on March 31 and September 30, so be sure to refer to the latest list.
● Apply for your visa online, whether in or outside of Australia.
● Register or log in to ImmiAccount, upload your documents and pay the visa application fee.
Always check the Document Checklist Tool thoroughly for the various student visa 500 requirements and make sure to furnish proof of your English proficiency and financial capacity before submitting the application if they are asked for at this stage.
Cost Of Student Visa 500
The cost of a student visa 500 is AUD630 for the main visa applicant. Additional charges will apply for each family member applying for the visa. You can visit the Visa pricing estimator and calculate the charges for your visa.
Processing Time For Student 500 Visa
The processing time may differ depending on the sector you are applying for, and accordingly, it takes:
● 29 days for 75% applications and 42 days for 90% applications for the Higher Education Sector.
● 43 days for 75% applications and 77 days for 90% applications for the Vocational Education and Training Sector.
Who Can Be Included In The Application?
You can add the following family members to your visa application:
● Your partner.
● Your and your partner’s dependent child who is below 18 years of age and is unmarried.
Remember that you should declare your family members in the visa application even if they do not move to Australia along with you. If you skip declaring them and they need to move to Australia later, you will have to again apply for a new student visa mentioning them and explaining why you didn’t include them in the previous application. You will be exempted from this if they become your family after you are granted your visa and before any subsequent application is made.
So, to avoid even the slightest error in your application, approach the best migration agent in Perth and discuss your requirements.
What To Do When Things Change?
The Department of Home Affairs of Australia must be notified if your situation changes. Some of the scenarios when you should inform them are:
● Changes to your email, address, contact number or passport
● Change in your relationship status
● Change in your welfare arrangements
● Birth of your child
Welfare Arrangements For Under-18 Applicants
Before you apply for a Student Visa Subclass 500, you have to do any one of the following if your age is below 18 years:
● Nominate a student guardian. Your student guardian can be a parent, a relative aged over 21 years or a legal custodian. He/she must hold a visa for staying in Australia until you are 18 or for the duration of your student visa.
● If you are a student of Foreign Affairs or Defence, arrange for your welfare arrangements to be approved by the relevant Minister.
● Organise a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) with the education provider. Ask them to issue a CAAW and inform the Department of Home Affairs about the start and end date of your welfare arrangements.
● Obtain your Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student (AASES) form if you are a secondary exchange student. Provide a signed copy of the CAAW in your student visa application.
Outcome Of Your Visa Application
You will be notified about your visa application in writing. It will include:
● Your visa grant number
● Your visa conditions
● The expiry date of your visa
You should always keep a copy of your visa grant during your stay in Australia.
Also, if the visa application is refused, you will be notified in writing, the reasons for its refusal and whether or not you have a right to review the decision. However, in the case of refusal, you will not get any refund of the application fee.
Working Rights Using Student Visa 500
Using the student visa 500, you can work up to 20 hours a week or 40 hours fortnightly during term time and for unlimited hours when in study breaks. You can start to work part-time as soon as the course starts. However, in the case of international students joining ACT public schools, the work hour is limited to 10 hours during the academic school year.
Student visa 500 is appropriate for students who want to pursue education in Australia, but you need to file your visa application properly to ensure that it doesn’t get rejected due to an error. That’s why it is always recommended to get professional advice in these matters.
If you need a student visa 500 to pursue education in Perth, get in touch with the reputed immigration agent Perth and start your application process.