Ansible is an open-source automation tool that is used to manage and deploy IT infrastructure, applications, and network configurations. It is a popular tool used by DevOps engineers and IT professionals to automate tasks, reduce human error, and increase efficiency. With the growing demand for Ansible skills in the industry, there is an increasing interest in Ansible certification. In this blog, we will discuss Ansible certification, its benefits, and the available certification paths.
What is Ansible Certification?
Ansible Certification is a recognized credential that validates an individual’s knowledge and skills in using Ansible for automation and configuration management. The certification program, offered by Red Hat, includes both an entry-level certification, the Ansible Certified Engineer (ACE), and an advanced-level certification, the Ansible Certified Specialist (ACS). These certifications demonstrate a thorough understanding of Ansible’s features, modules, and capabilities and provide a competitive advantage in the IT job market.
Benefits of Ansible Certification
Getting certified in Ansible has several benefits, including:
- Recognition: Ansible certification validates your expertise in using Ansible to automate IT infrastructure, which can boost your credibility and increase your chances of being hired or promoted.
- Skill Enhancement: Preparing for the certification exam requires you to study and practice Ansible concepts and best practices, which can help you improve your skills.
- Competitive Advantage: Ansible certification sets you apart from other candidates in the job market, giving you a competitive advantage when applying for jobs or seeking promotions.
- Industry-Standard: Ansible certification is recognized as an industry-standard, which means that it is valued by employers and can help you get hired or promoted.
“Unlock the power of automation and streamline your IT workflow with Ansible training!”
Available Ansible Certification Paths
Red Hat offers two levels of Ansible certification:
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation: This certification validates your ability to use Ansible to automate IT infrastructure, including installation, configuration, and management. To earn this certification, you need to pass the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation exam (EX407).
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Ansible Automation: This certification validates your expertise in using Ansible to automate complex IT infrastructure, including network automation, cloud automation, and security automation. To earn this certification, you need to pass the Red Hat Certified Engineer in Ansible Automation exam (EX447).
Preparing for Ansible Certification
To prepare for Ansible certification, you should:
- Study Ansible Concepts: Read the Ansible documentation, books, and articles to gain a solid understanding of Ansible concepts, best practices, and use cases.
- Practice Ansible: Set up a lab environment and practice using Ansible to automate tasks, including installation, configuration, and management.
- Take Training Courses: Red Hat offers Ansible training courses that cover Ansible concepts, best practices, and practical applications. Taking these courses can help you prepare for the certification exams.
- Join Ansible Communities: Join Ansible communities, such as Ansible User Groups or Ansible mailing lists, to learn from other Ansible users and get support.
How to Become Ansible Certified
To become certified in Ansible, follow these steps:
- Gain experience with Ansible: Start by gaining hands-on experience with Ansible by using it to automate IT infrastructure tasks. You can learn Ansible through online tutorials, courses, or by using the official Ansible documentation.
- Take the appropriate training courses: Red Hat offers official training courses for both types of Ansible certifications. For the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation certification, you can take the Automation with Ansible I and Automation with Ansible II courses. For the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) with Ansible Automation certification, you can take the Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation with Ansible course.
- Register for the certification exam: Once you have completed the appropriate training courses and feel confident in your skills, you can register for the certification exam through the Red Hat certification website.
- Prepare for the exam: Red Hat provides exam objectives and sample questions for each certification exam. Make sure to review these materials and practice with sample questions to prepare for the exam.
- Take and pass the exam: On the day of the exam, arrive early and bring a valid photo ID. The exam is typically a hands-on lab-based test, where you are required to complete tasks using Ansible within a specified time frame. To pass the exam, you must achieve a minimum passing score.
- Maintain your certification: Red Hat certifications are valid for three years. To maintain your certification, you can retake the exam or complete the necessary continuing education credits before the certification expiration date.
By following these steps, you can become a certified Ansible professional and demonstrate your expertise in automating IT infrastructure tasks using Ansible.
Ansible certification is a valuable validation of your expertise in using Ansible to automate IT infrastructure. Getting certified in Ansible can boost your credibility, improve your skills, and give you a competitive advantage in the job market. With the available Ansible certification paths and the resources available for preparing for the certification exams, you can start your journey towards becoming a certified Ansible expert.
Also, you can go through this certification course for SAP Ariba Training that would help your career & knowledge to find the right job!!